Something new

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Something new

Postby sweetleaf2 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:28 pm

The day before yesterday I noticed I was very stiff between the shoulder blades in a general area about the size of a dinner plate, this developed into a very painful area during that day and the day after, my neck is very stiff, and I can no longer wear even my aah bra which is normally so comfortable, and it has become painful to take a deep breath.

In addition, last night I could not change position in bed without crying out. Strangely, my leg cramps have also become worse/more frequent( I even had them in the bath this morning) and my feet are freezing cold. My arms and wrists are stiff and painful and the muscles at the tops of my arms seem hard.... as though I had been wheightlifting! :-?

My ribs feel like I have a tight band around them, but its not like costo, more like a bear hug that wont stop. I havent slept properly for several days, this is a living nightmare, I just wish I could wake from it.
I`m not over the hill I`m still climbing it, thats why I`m so tired all the time
sweetleaf2
UKFM Member

Re: Something new

Postby wolfstar » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:55 pm

I would definatly see your gp but it does sound similar to what i have and that is Cervical spondylosis.

Cervical spondylosis is a medical term used to refer to age-related ‘wear and tear’ that can affect bones and tissues in the neck.

The most common symptoms of cervical spondylosis are neck pain, stiffness and headaches. More rarely, it can trap nerves in the neck leading to:

pain radiating from the arms
pins and needles in the arms and legs
loss of feeling in your hands and legs
loss of co-ordination and difficulty walking

NHS link http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Cervical-spondylosis/Pages/Introduction.aspx
:coffee1:
wolfstar

Is fibromyalgia real :?:
YES, its painfully :scream-1: real :pull-hair:
wolfstar
UKFM Member

Postby sweetleaf2 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:36 pm

Hi wolfstar

I do have cervical and lumbar spondylosis, this pain is mostly in the thoracic region and Ive never had it there before, I havent done anything differently, but I suppose this might be just a natural progression of the cs and ls
Back to the doctors...... I miss hearing about my poor posture after a while.
:(
I`m not over the hill I`m still climbing it, thats why I`m so tired all the time
sweetleaf2
UKFM Member

Postby isitme » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:31 am

thanks ws,#

sounds familiar.

:-)
isitme
UKFM Member

Postby wolfstar » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:59 am

sweetleaf2 wrote:Hi wolfstar

I do have cervical and lumbar spondylosis, this pain is mostly in the thoracic region and Ive never had it there before, I havent done anything differently, but I suppose this might be just a natural progression of the cs and ls
Back to the doctors...... I miss hearing about my poor posture after a while.
:(

I to only thought it affected the top part of the body but after numerous xrays was told it can have affects on almost any where. This apparently is due to the problem being at the top of the spinal cord and can affect almost all of the nervous system.As for posture :roll: id love to stand up straight all 3 of my sons ( 25, 23 and 15) are taller than me :lol: :lol: :lol:

I often wonder what else us fibro sufferers are going to have to put up with,it starts with a couple of chronic problems and the rest just seem to mount up :cry: :?: :?: :?:
:coffee1:
wolfstar

Is fibromyalgia real :?:
YES, its painfully :scream-1: real :pull-hair:
wolfstar
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems