Cervical spine disc replacement and Fibro

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Cervical spine disc replacement and Fibro

Postby eggle » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:12 pm

I hope all went well today, enjoy the morphine drip :crazy: and wishing you a speedy recovery.
eggle
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:56 am

Isn't it amazing what can be done these days, your pics eggle are amazing .

Also hope Countryfan op :sick: went well today and they are back on the road to recovery. :fingerscrossed: :flowers:

I don't have cervical problems but have a bulging disc in my lumber region. Just recently got my 6 dose of facet joint injections in addition to having had 2 long term epidurals was wondering if all of you that are more knowledgable about these things can give an indication if there are limits to the number of injections etc. you can have .

This last one was nearly a year after the previous one and in the mean time I was in agony, although only a few days ago the difference I feel is amazing, I can cope so much better with the FM when I don't have the back pain to deal with.

best wishes to everyone who suffers from bad back issues
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby countyfan » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:33 pm

ISM,
Am back at home after 5 days in hospital. Spent first night in Intensive Care but then recuperated by leaps and bounds. Most pain I've ever been in, despite having broken leg skiing and giving birth to 3 children! Still not got full feeling back on left and have been terribly constipated but would say definitely worth going for it. I was told that I could only have 2 lots of facet joint injections each side, because at first, I really didn't want to go down the operation route.
Have got a ganglion cyst on one of the facet joints in my lumbar spine, so probably consider having that removed now my neck is sorted! :-?
countyfan
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems