UPPER EYE LID TWITCHES/ ENTIRE BODY MUSCLE TWITCHES?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

UPPER EYE LID TWITCHES/ ENTIRE BODY MUSCLE TWITCHES?

Postby sjc » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:34 pm

Hi folks!

Just wondered if anyone else has had or currently suffered with eye spasms and/or muscles twitches throught out your body?

:crazy:

I have always had muscle twitches and spasms since my fibromyaglai kicked in these past few years, but now my upper eye lid is starting to constantly spasm everyday....this is annoying to have, as I can never feel relaxed with my muscles....

I have spoken to one GP about this, but he just recommended anti-depressants.....Is this a fibromyalgia thing, and is there any medication out there for muscle twitches and spasms???

All the best folks!!!! :-D
Sick of being sick, if you know what I mean. Anger keeps me going! I love campaigning for the rights of those with hidden disabilities. Enjoys talking to other like minded people - well, if you are sane, anyway :)
sjc
UKFM Member

Re: UPPER EYE LID TWITCHES/ ENTIRE BODY MUSCLE TWITCHES?

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:36 pm

Eye spasms seem daily for me now. In fact past few weeks have been the worst. Eyesight hard to focus when the eye is constantly jiggling up and down! :crazy:

Eyesight changes daily and spasms can last a few days but this one is now been running for 3wks. Iv seen many optitions and they can see the spasm but do say fibro can be the cause plus migrains and eye strain.

I also get tremours and muscle twitches all over the body especially at rest when i have been up and moving.

Not spoken much to my GP about all these as many other symptoms been in the fore front but am sure there must be something to take to help these symptom if they are causing discomfort or problems.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems