sweetner and FM

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

sweetner and FM

Postby angie68 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:46 pm

hellooooo just another quick question i have heard sweetner for coffee or tea etc is not good if we have FM, its all i use cos of a weight problem which i cant lose any :( i lost 2 stone 2years ago with weight watchers but about the last year i cant loose an ounce ??? but yes sometimes i dont eat enough through the day so my body will go in starvation mode...its the sweetner i really want to know about ??? i cannot go onto sugar if i need to loose extra pounds :( :-? thank you all x
angie68
UKFM Member

Re: sweetner and FM

Postby lolabolla » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:13 pm

Hi Angie,

I think you may be refering to aspartane which I agree is not at all good for you. It can be found in most diet drinks.

We tend to buy Asda and Sainsburys own brand drinks which only have safe sweeteners added.

You could also try Truvia which again is a natural low cal sweetener but it is reported to be healthy although it is quite expensive too.

I also stopped drinking coffee last year as it can cause added pain to us fibromites.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:53 pm

There is stuff on the t'interweb that says artificial sweetner is a :nono: :nono: :nono: for us, and there are also things that say it's OK for us, not at all straight forward like all things FM related :facepalm: :facepalm:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby angie68 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:03 pm

ooohhhh thank you, im really glad ive found this site for all these answers, thank you thank you, its nice to have a grump and you all back and we all understand x thank you xxxx
angie68
UKFM Member

Postby Cariad84 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:31 am

Hi I am now using stevia which is suitable for diabetics, calorie free and is high in antioxidants you can even bake with it apparently ( I haven't felt well enough to try baking with it yet!). It is sweeter than sugar so you need less so in theory it should last a little longer, Morrisons have it cheaply or you could look on-line. Squash wise most shops high juices are free from aspartamine etc but anything sugar free is not likely to be. Ocean spray do a lovely tasting cranberry and raspberry one which is lovely even when weak.
Cariad84 :mrgreen:
Cariad84
UKFM Member

sweetner and FM

Postby MsBabylove11 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:43 pm

How about honey in you're tea? Sounds disgusting but it's actually ok?! Also thanks for the tips on the above mentioned stuff, will have to check it out!

Btw do you know if they make any chocolate bars containing it? Lololol
MsBabylove11
UKFM Member

Postby Cariad84 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:51 pm

Hi Msbabylove11 :wave: there is a website that has sweets and chocolate with stevia or sugar free. I really can't say what it would taste like though as I haven't tried! lol heres the link: http://www.avidlite.co.uk/acatalog/CHOCOLATE.html
Cariad84 x
Cariad84
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems