Achilles tendon

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Achilles tendon

Postby merlin69 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:13 pm

For the past two weeks i have suffered with servere pain down my Achilles tendons in both legs causing my legs to feel so weak when walking.

Any idea how i can relieve the stiffness and pain, i have suffered with FM for the past 8 years and this is the worse i have felt with stiffness and pain in this area.

Sorry by the way new to this Board( i'm Darran)
merlin69
UKFM Newbie

Re: Achilles tendon

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:02 pm

omg yer i get painful feet , really hurts to walk.nothhing helps me sadly. dont seem to matter what i do . just pain killers before i get up and once i get moving it helps.oh u could try the rolling pin under your feet for 5 mins , pushing feet up and down. hugsx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Achilles tendon

Postby Ragdoll3 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:41 am

Hi I ended up off my feet for nearly a year because of a stretched achillies tendon. Best advice I can give is get it seen to by your doctor ASAP. I had every treatment going. Strapping it up, infrared treatment, plaster for 9months, steroid injections into the tendon physiotherapy then had to have an operation to cut the tendon and stitch it back together. Consultant said its easier to snap it than to stretch it. I still get bother every now and then I strap it up and stay of my feet. Good luck xx

Sent from my iPhone
Ragdoll3
UKFM Newbie

Re: Achilles tendon

Postby Iceskatemum » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:00 am

Ouch...sounds awful no great advice just gentle :hugs:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems