tooth problems and FMS

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

tooth problems and FMS

Postby meyer12 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:07 pm

I have a dental absess which requires a root canal, today i went to the dentist for the first part of the treatment, however after an hour i had had no treatment started because the dentist could not get my tooth numb despite 5 injections!
prior to getting FMS it would take just on injection and that was it.

What im wondering is wether others with FMS have found they have problems with the dentist and treatment?
Also im getting incredible pain in my jaw on the side she was injecting and know if i didnt have FMS i wouldnt feel it.

thanks x
meyer12
UKFM Member

Re: tooth problems and FMS

Postby Flash » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:24 pm

Hi, I think after 5 jabs in the jaw, anyone would feel it, Ouch!! Seriously though, I have seen on here, that a lot of people have problems with jaw pain but don't know if they have dentist issues. I was interested about the responce, or lack of it to aneasthetic though.

I had an accident with a hedge trimmer about 11 years ago. The doc' tried to aneasthatise my finger so he could stich it and was surprised that the finger would not go numb. He tried in a couple of places near the wound but nothing happened. He knew I wasn't just saying it. He and the nurse watched as my finger went white to the point where the aneasthetic had affected it.

It was a bit wierd and I hadn't really thought about it until you said about your case. Odd messages going on perhaps.
Flash
UKFM Member

Re: tooth problems and FMS

Postby Angel777 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:03 pm

Last time I had any dental treatment they had to put me off , sedate me with a sort of amnesia drug they said it was, because the dentist could not keep my mouth open due to my muscles and tmj , it worked well. I also have a friend who is having the same , I think they call it twilight treatment . It's so you don't remember anything and I didn't , it worked well . Now I would request the same .
Diagnosed with FM 2007 /Also have Osteoarthritis which I have had for many years .
Looking to connect with fellow FM people near me as well as making friends and having support from this forum .
Angel777
UKFM Member

tooth problems and FMS

Postby pinky1 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:10 pm

I get jaw pain at night unrelated to dental problems. But the second last anaesthetic I had at the dentist I had a reaction to, my heart started fluttering and I went all dizzy and lightheaded. She said it was fairly rare and something to do with the adrenaline. Not sure if it was related to fibro or not
X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pinky1
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems