Blurred Vision

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Blurred Vision

Postby leetankers » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:12 pm

Hi, just wondered if anyone else gets blurred vision at all.I wear glasses and recently bought some new ones and now and then my eyes go a bit fuzzy.Don,t know whether its the medication I am on or due to fibromyalgia or just that my glasses are wrong.Thanks, Lee. :roll:
leetankers
UKFM Member

Re: Blurred Vision

Postby masonsbarms » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:59 pm

hi, Lee, i do get blurry vision sometimes like my eyes are shaking, but you should get it checked with gp or optition if it keeps happening
or gets worse.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:14 am

Hi,

You maybe best off speaking with your optitions, you will find they are of knowledge to fibromyalgia as it can cause problems with your eyes. Especially blurring, spasms and light sensitivity.

My optition can clearly see the spasms which means my vision varys all the time (can read one min then nothing the next like my eyes focus in then out and then nothing lol) so wearing glasses causes problems as my perscription changes daily and as i am very slight short sighted he said i was best off with no glasses because of this. Mind you i went thro so many perscriptions before givin up and chuckin the damm things lol.

I do tho wear sun glasses alot with the sensitivity to light and my PC brightness is at it lowest. I cant do the flurestant (sp) lights either

I get eye strain and pain alot (daily) so have regular check ups to make sure nothing serious is lurking.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby lolabolla » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:36 pm

This is one of the many symptoms which forced me to retire, I'm 52!

My eyesight goes wiggly, you know the way you get before a migraine :crazy: It affected me so badly that when I would use my laptop my vision would go blotchy, big blotches of darkness in my vision, not floaters though, I know what they look like.

When completing forms etc. for clients the same thing would happen and I could not focus on what I was doing, it's pretty scary :yikes: when this happens.

My eyes also twitch and spasm uncontrolably especially when stressed or when driving.

Because I am diabetic I also have the eye test at the hospital every year and that always comes back normal thank heavens.

Still best to visit your optician though.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby isitme » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:07 am

my eyesight varies alot when reading.

sometimes ok with glasses on (wear them all the time) then sometimes have to take them off to read.
isitme
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems