headaches and intollerances

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

headaches and intollerances

Postby isitme » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:32 pm

i am so fed up of having headaches for past 3 weekends.

first time i went to drs as had burning pains in stomach as well, so he did a coeliac test and it came back negative. (i have read that they can do if you don;t eat gluten anymore which i don't except this one off episode that i think set it off after eating beans and a home made pancake).

then about 3 weeks later - last weekend i had beans again as i was fed up of restricting myself so much all the time - again i had burning pains in abdo/stomach and headache so was given .......oerzale forgot name sorry. dr said as i was on diclofenac he wanted to avoid acid/stomach ulcer problems.

clearedis later in week so got train to mums on friday (oh couldn't drive me) and saturday i had to ring him to pick me up again - no stomach pains yet but terrible migrain again. could be because i overdid it as haven't made this journey before( and was very important social worker visit to do carers assesment for her.)

we seem to make excuses that we have cold/flu etc but are the migraines just another thing i now have t oadd to my list as i know others get them but i have been lucky and only had in past when very tired.

have seemed to be living on just rice crackers for past 10 days as daren't eat anything then try again adn :nono: :nono: :nono: (did have a cream cake thoguh on friday i found hiding in mums fridge :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: its so hard to have to keep restricting all the time.
at least dr beleived me but said he didn't like the word intolerance and preferred ibs symptoms..........
isitme
UKFM Member

Re: headaches and intollerances

Postby denys » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:09 am

Ask if you can have something to prevent the migraines, I put up with them for months and finally got prescribed pitzotifen which seem to be working, I get a few break through headaches but nothing like I was getting :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby isitme » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:22 am

thanks denys, i am fed up of feeling poorly, poorly instead of usual fibro poorly.

with that and fibro no getting a good day at all and spend more and more tiime on the bed.
isitme
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:51 pm

hi, i was on diclofenic, and i had awful pains so was swapped to celerbrex, which are ok for me and only take them twice a day,

i was also given omoprazale for bad heart burm but they are just short term to settle things down.

i hope you get sorted soon and start to feel a little better.

take carexx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby pixiecat » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:57 am

Hi I dont know if this is a little off subject but over the last 12 months I have been having very bad headaches on and off through the day and 5 out of 7 days a week, tried all sorts of things, eventually I realised it was my glasses :yikes:
I have to go every year to be checked and last year the dispencer was new and didnt take measurements just got my glasses and thanks see you next year.
After 9 months of probs it finally clicked (fog lifted I think) and I put my old ones on and the headaches eased, but because the frames were the prob I couldnt get new ones.
Anyway I have managed to get new ones that were fitted correctly and the bad perminant headaches have gone, just the usual ones that I can cope with.

Maybe its something else that might be triggering them

Lorraine
pixiecat

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:27 pm

Not at all off topic Lorraine, and could quite possibly be part of the problem for some people 8-) 8-) 8-)
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby isitme » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:04 am

yes should get thiis done as had my glasses 2 years and my eyesight when reading is getting worse later in the day.

can see ok to read with them on then later in day have to tae them off. (i am short sighted normally so wear for distancy)

:-) :-)
isitme
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems