PMR (polymyalgia rhumatica)

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PMR (polymyalgia rhumatica)

Postby lynne » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:43 pm

Hi to everyone.Have any of you been diagnosed with PMR,if so,what are the symptoms and treatment.

Lynne x
somedays are better than others but my smile stays the same.
lynne
UKFM Member

Re: PMR

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:24 pm

What is PMR? Obviously an abrieviation of a condition just so we all know :-) thanks :mrgreen:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby lynne » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:40 pm

Sorry Lisa ! PMR is polymyalgia rhumatica.
somedays are better than others but my smile stays the same.
lynne
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:38 pm

Thanks, have added it to the topic. i know there has been many members talking about this. If you do a search (top right) you can read up on whats been posted.

edit to say i had a quick look and nothing much at all came up :-? :crazy: hopefully get some replies soon :wave:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: PMR (polymyalgia rhumatica)

Postby tabithakat64 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:47 pm

This is one of the things it's suspected I have, however the Gp is working with the Fibro diagnosis at the moment....
The OH doc at work mentioned it as did both the chiropractor and osteopath I saw, the symptoms of PMR the associated temporal arteritis and fatigue would explain most of my symptoms.
tabithakat64
UKFM Member

Postby angie68 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:53 pm

helloooo ive been looking on here with some1 with this i went to drs today and also i have that thingy polyarthmyalgia more or less the same as fibromyalgia ... ive been to holland and barret i heard 5- htp is good for fibromyalgia so im going to give them a go but takes 4 weeks to take effect x hope they work for me, im young same as some of you so really dont want tablets after tablets but sometimes we do need them :-( .... hope you all have a nice chilled night x thanks for this site
angie68
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:03 pm

:goodluck1: with them angie68
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby sparky630 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:46 pm

Doc thought I had poly so put me on a weeks worth of steroids. Basically if they worked then it was probably poly as it can be treated with steroids. We were hoping it was'nt poly cause Im too young for long term steroid treatment and the probs that brings.
They did'nt work so we were pleased but now I sometimes wish it was poly cause at least I cud have had steroids.
Thats wot my GP said anyway.
Its sad when u wish u have one illness over another!

Xxx
sparky630
UKFM Member

Postby angie68 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:44 pm

hi shaz im just catching up on some of my posts, i never tried them tablets cos 1 of the moderaters informed me could be bad with amptripyline also...summit to do with the serotoin in our heads!! xx eee wish these pains wud end xx
angie68
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems