MS?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

MS?

Postby JemmaB88 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Hi guys,

I am going through a rough patch at the moment with pain and generally feeling very lethargic, poorly and odd.

I saw my doctor the week before I got married at the end of September and he has been very good and listened to what I had to say. I said to him that I was concerned that it was not Fibro due to the fact that I am constantly tired, feeling like I have been forced to sprint for 10 miles. I have got new symptoms which include eye problems almost all the time, vibrations in my limbs and tremors which seem to affect my whole body. I have had several episodes of tremors followed by a headache.

I am going for blood tests on Thursday, eye tests on Saturday. Once I have been for the blood tests, if this comes back clear (which my last 6 blood tests that I have had since Last December) then the GP has said that I need to go for an MRI.

Has anyone else here had experience of MS and know the differences between FMS and MS? I am interested to know if this is just a very long, pretty full on flare of Fibro, or if I have in fact got MS.

Thanks,
Jem.
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Re: MS?

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:18 pm

MS/FM symptoms overlap so much.

The way you describe your symptoms i have them all also ! in fact not long ago i was tested for Lupus as had new/worsening symptoms.

My ANA came out fine but inflammatry levals high but am told *its just me* :-? anyways iv always had MS to the back of my mind, im sure alot of people have. The MRI can help dectect lesions and i think a spinal tap :?:

A friend of mine was clear on her MRI then went back not long after pleading for another (as eyes had got worse) and the lesions showed up!

I hope all is ok :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems