is walking into a wall the cause?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

is walking into a wall the cause?

Postby masonsbarms » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:45 am

hi, on wednesday while at work i was carrying a large tray and walked into the corner of a wall,

it made the tray jam into my lower ribs with a jolt that bent me in 2 and sent it up my arms (took my breath)

was ok after a while untill thursday evening when i went to stand after sitting down for a while and i couldnt get up as i had pain shooting like hot pokers in my lower back,

had to get son to help me get up and get me into bed.

come friday the pain was worse and was spreading up into my neck and down my arms and if i coughed or breathed to deep it nerly brought me to my knees honest it was that bad.
if i stayed still it was ok.

today its just in my lower back again.

i do get pain in these areas normaly but not this bad, and i know we are ment to have pain more than non fmers,

but i just wanted to know what you think befor i start to think this is a flare or something else.

thanks
take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Re: is walking into a wall the cause?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:28 pm

It may be the cause of how and what you're feeling at the moment MB. I know I've done things that seemed pretty minor at the time, only for it fire up alsorts of hurtys and achys a little while after. Even OH just knocking into me gently can leave me in agony :facepalm: :facepalm:

If things feel like they're not easing off, or getting worse................................I think you'll guess at what it was going to say next :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby isitme » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:01 am

hot baths, wheatpacks, chocy biccys, tea, sofa,film.
[chocolate] :coffee2: :-) :-)
isitme
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:11 pm

hi thankyou both things have settled down and feel much better.

think i will go to spec savers to get glasses checked then i may see the wall ha ha

thake care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:43 pm

Glad you are feeling better mb. :hugs: :flowers:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby masonsbarms » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:34 pm

hi thanks shazq,

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:34 pm

Glad you are feeling better, maybe they ought to put up danger moving walls notices :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems