Ear infection/hearing

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Ear infection/hearing

Postby kathmoore1 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:26 pm

Hi all.
I had an ear infection 3 weeks ago in my right ear which caused some hearing problems.
My right ear was full of wax and had to be syringed. I had the same symtoms with hearing in my other ear even though I was told it was clear!
Both my ears are wax free now yet my hearing is still considerably less until I pop them.
Could this be another fm symtom??!
kathmoore1
UKFM Member

Re: Ear infection/hearing

Postby shazq » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:10 pm

Hi

Sensitive hearing is a known link to fibro, most hear more sounds.
I hate the TV being turned up to high and when the ads come on i often have to turn the TV down.
I cant cope with loud noises or groups all talking at the same time. Kids screaming never used to bother me but now it goes straight through me.

Hope your infection has cleared up. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: Ear infection/hearing

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:37 pm

I find if my neck and scalp are very tight/stiff it restrics my hearing.

Its like my heads being crushed and my hearing drowns out but sadly not enough to drown out the neigbours noises!! :waiting:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems