Dentist, teeth problems

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Dentist, teeth problems

Postby BlueBerry » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:45 pm

At min I am back anf forth to the dentist and wondering is have teeth problems part of Fm now I had a shock find out that I need up to five teeth out :-o . All infected and now I going get a dentuser at my age only coming up 32 :crazy: . Also my teeth seem to easy break up . Has anyone else had problems ?
Image Pingo is my middle name :lol:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Dentist, teeth problems

Postby toplessbug » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:18 pm

Hi yes I have all you said.
I have also had toothache which seemed to last 100 times longer than now and so so painful.
But I'm a chicken and am scared of dentists.
Last yr I had to have 7 teeth out and he sent me to hospital and under general.

Sent from my iPhone using the force :-)
toplessbug
UKFM Member

Re: Dentist, teeth problems

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:11 pm

Was just saying on another post my big tooth has broken and rotting :yikes:

I think we grinde our teeth and clench, maybe causing such problems. Funny how i missed a week using my mouthguard (lost it in that safe place) :roll: and my tooth cracks :crazy: anyways need treatment (maybe removed) :yikes: and i dont do injections so am not looking forward to it!! :-|
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby shazq » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:05 pm

touch wood i have been lucky with my teeth so far. :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby BlueBerry » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:40 am

Wow didn`t think lot people would have problems with there teeth m :shock: I am deading Tuesday I get rest my teeth out :cry: :-? How hell am I gong to eat , I hate soup :crazy:
Image Pingo is my middle name :lol:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Postby ITbird » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:48 am

My teeth have been crumbling away for a long time now. I'm sure it's the clenching and grinding my teeth at night causing it. I've had several teeth out and have several more breaking up or brittle. It's horrible isn't it?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Fletch x
ITbird
UKFM Member

Postby thebryans » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:17 pm

Same here my teeth have gone really terrible in last 2 yrs, before that I had lovely pearly white teeth, and only 2 crowns at the back, now I only have 3 back teeth, and all the others have worn down real bad, to make it worse had one out 3 week ago and no amount of novacaine numbed it properly, even the one the inserted thro the hole in the top of the tooth and right down into the tooth and jaw, ( which hurt so much I almost had a fit ) so yes it wrecks our teeth just another of the things we have to suffer, :scream-1:
thebryans
UKFM Member

Postby Niki » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:00 am

argh! I was dreading this but I have a crumbled tooth. Its half gone but now i'm getting pain with it in my cheekbone, jaw and teeth. :( best make an appointment
"Sick and tired of being sick and tired..."
Niki
UKFM Newbie

Postby millymoodoo » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:41 am

Hi all

I too have problems with my teeth, well in fact i have problems with my mouth in general!!! I have always got a very sore tongue i wake myself up with the pain of me biting through my tongue!!! I have a constant very painful bite to the right side of my tongue it looks like a massive ulcer but i know it is a bite. Some days i have dried blood that has trickled down my chin from a bite. I am not sure if the dentist would be able to help as i dont really know what to do about it. My teeth are also wearing down at the front which i will speak to my dentist about when i see her in february at my annual check up, but not sure who i see about me biting my tongue, to some people it may seem trivial but it is extremly painful all the time and it doesnt heal before i have bitten through it again. This is really getting me down!!!

Milly xxx :-) :-)
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby jekkstar » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:12 pm

About 3 weeks ago I was hospitals with suspected meningitis. Night spent in hospital, follow up 2 days later with a diagnosis of viral meningitis. Doc says 10-14 days I'll feel better. Saw own GP after 14 days and was told because of fibro it would be more like 2 months! That's the back ground. Last week I spent an hour in my dentist chair with an infected tooth. Immensely painful, in new year may.need tooth out. Been put on Co amoxiclav 500/125 that i take 3 times a day. Since Xmas Eve I have had an extremely sore throat and feel like complete poo. Hoping this tough spell ends soon :(
jekkstar
UKFM Newbie

Postby nordic50 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:57 am

Teeth problems here as well. For the last 39 yrs all I had was 2 fillings then with back problems returning was put on Pregabalin, and Co-codamol and within a couple of months my teeth became very brittle and broke off in bits, now half of my teeth are dead and the rest are dying slowly. Need to have all my teeth out but have no pain from them but am to afraid to goto dentist, have a bad phobia of them since childhood. One day I might have the courage but not yet.
nordic50
UKFM Newbie

Postby Patched » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:55 pm

Hi,
out of the last four teeth fillings I've had, (each of them back teeth) during the past year and a half three of the teeth broke had to be re-filled within weeks of having them done.The fourth tooth broke and had to be extracted. I've recently been diagnosed with FM and I previously thought that the cause was down to going a 'bad' dentist. I guess I might as well stay with the same dentist after all!
I also find that one or two of my teeth are painful or sensitive biting down, but my dentist says that according to x-rays and inspection there's no reason why they should be. Is this also a shared symptom?

I hope that those of you with a fear of the dentist find the courage to go. Tell the dentist & the dental nurse about your phobia when you book your appointment, and perhaps take a friend along for support. You never know, it might prevent you having other dental problems later? I don't share the same phobia of dentists (my phobia is spiders) but I hope you manage to cope with the ordeal ok. Good luck.
Patched
UKFM Member

Postby jennib54 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:07 pm

Hi'
I too have problems with my teeth not so much going bad but coming loose and falling out. The only thing i noticed is that there the ones that have had fillings in.
The first tooth this happened to was a wisdom tooth(if it were so wise why didn't it tell me this was going to happen).They were'nt painful just looked dead. Lost 2 within 2 weeks.
Now i know that its down to FM from what you all say.

:-|
jennib54
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems