restless arms and legs!! argh!!!!

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

restless arms and legs!! argh!!!!

Postby shoesandbags » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:17 pm

Am going crazy!! Have always had restless arms and legs but not constantly. I am newly diagnosed and just started amitriptyline only on 10 mg and the restless arms and legs have gone in to over drive. It feels like my bones are crawling if that makes sense??
Is this common with this med and any tips?? X :-o
shoesandbags
UKFM Member

Re: restless arms and legs!! argh!!!!

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:40 pm

Have you looked at the info sheet that came with the amitriptyline as that should give you some info about possible side effects. If it is related to the amis, then it should hopefully start to ease off after a while. If not, or it's still bothering you or is getting worse, then go back and see your GP about it.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi
I get restless arms & legs, i go through stages of it, my gp has given me Diazepam (which is a muscle relaxant) in the past which has helped.

I had it bad last week but the hospital have given me some Diazepam for my back so it is helping my arms & legs as well. :-D
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby shoesandbags » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:39 pm

Thanks. It has been a bit better today. Still there but in the distance. Drives me insane, as I am sure it does you. Have not been diagnosed long and never heard of fibro before but am seeing it as a positive as I now know why I am the easy I am. Xx
shoesandbags
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:08 pm

yep they can give u restless legs and arms they did me i looked like i was having a fit at bed time.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby shoesandbags » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:41 am

This is driving me crazy, having been trying to go to sleep for 3 hrs. I was exhausted. Can't settle as arms and legs buzzing and same sort of feeling in my stomach. Also my limbs are now so tense they won't relax. Feel heavy and stone like. Fed up now. :-x
shoesandbags
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:00 am

Probably best to go and have a chat with your GP. Could be the symptoms may settle down, or he can give you something else to try which might not cause same side effects. Every type of medication prescribed for nerve pain has the potential to cause side effects. Some tolerable and others not so .
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:14 am

it took me about 2 weeks after coming off them before i could sleep.then it all settled down , they really are the drug from hell lol.stick with it hun it just needs to leave your body and that can take up to 3 weeks but u will feel better before that. hugs
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby shoesandbags » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:46 pm

Thanks my loves. Xx
shoesandbags
UKFM Member

Postby Mog29 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:48 pm

I get restless arms and legs, it's horrible, it feels like a tickle on the inside of your bone,myou move and it stops for a minute or so then starts again!!
Does anyone have any tips to help with this problem???? :crazy:
Mog29
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:10 am

I have tried drinking tonic water ( read it had quinine which is good for shakes) plus always take a warm bath with lavender & geranium. Then get into bed and hopefully I am away to sleep before the shakes come back!
Thank goodness my family are all good sleepers as the baths can be at any time of the night!

Good luck
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Mog29 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:03 pm

I will try that!! Its a pain the bum, whenever I snuggle with the hubby to watch a film he always says will u stop ******** moving!! I wish he could feel it, then he would know I just can't help it!!! :crazy:
Mog29
UKFM Member

Postby Pinkprincess205 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:55 am

Oh i hate when i get restless arms or legs, itsjust the most annoying thing, trying to ignore it just seems to make it worse, i try and shake them out but feel like kickingvmy legs totally off, i just get so frustrated with it, had it in my legs last nite, ended up going to bed at 9.30 as they was annoyingvme so much, i live with friends so didnt want to look a weirdo shaking for ages lol. I could never do baths as the pains was too much in my back n neck, not had one in over a year, maybe i should give it a try before bed with some lavender and see how it goes.
Vic x
Pinkprincess205
UKFM Member

Postby Soapbubbles » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:01 pm

Hi All RLS Suffers,

I have a lot of sympathy with your sufferings.

I have experienced this distressing condition for years ever since I was a child. At its worst it affected my whole body and I wake aching all over.

A few years ago my GP linked it to iron deficient anaemia. It is worth trying to get a blood test to make sure this is not the problem.

I still get it sometimes and find that getting up and doing a few stretches (especially the legs and back) can help.

I have tried several medications, the only thing that really worked also made me feel faint!

Good Luck x
Soapbubbles
UKFM Member

Postby shammylady » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:31 pm

OMG i am sitting here and my legs have driven me crazy all night, I had what they call restless leg syndrome before taking amitriptolyne.. i was given another tablet to take the leg problems away which they did but i have stopped taking amitript a few days ago and my legs are really bad...ive been given another antidepressant instead as it was helping me sleep and if i doubled the dose i was like a zombie :crazy: :crazy:
shammylady
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems