restless arms and legs!! argh!!!!

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: restless arms and legs!! argh!!!!

Postby Soapbubbles » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:40 pm

Hi Shammylady,

I have great sympathy with you. I know how aweful it can be and how drained and sore you feel the next day. Have you had a blood test recently?

At the minute I have been reading up about Inclined Bed Therapy as that is meant to help all sorts of things including RLS and aches and pains. It also apparently has a detoxing effect. There is quite a bit online about it if you do a search.

I raised the head end of the bed by 2" to start with and after only two nights have had less problems with my legs. It feels strange but not unpleasant. I think I have had a bit less pain too, but its a bit early to tell. They really advise you to work up to 4" to 8" or a 5 degree incline. I had to start slowly as it feels like sleeping on the side of a mountain as it is.

I have tried all manner of silly things for RLS; soap at the end of the bed, sleeping with my legs up the wall, taking various supplements, but not a lot has really helped, so I am cautiously optimistic.
Best wishes
Soapbubbles
Soapbubbles
UKFM Member

Re: restless arms and legs!! argh!!!!

Postby Soapbubbles » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:45 pm

Hi All

Still doing inclined bed therapy, but had restless legs last night, was still awake at 5am. Sad, yet another thing that doesn't work.

Anything with monosodium glutamate in it sets me off.
Soapbubbles
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems