Groin pain?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Groin pain?

Postby Katiebops » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:04 pm

For some time now I have been having a severe pain at top/ inside right leg, not sure what it is. Its so painful and hurts all the time even when i try to turn over in bed, i suffer greatly with pains in my knees and stiffness all over but this pain is getting worse, even the painkillers do not seam to help. Is this a symptom of FM or something else?
Katiebops
UKFM Newbie

Re: Groin pain?

Postby shazq » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:37 pm

Hi
stiffness is quite common in fibro but all new pain should be checked out by your gp, although 90% of our pains are due to fibro there is always that 10% that is not.

Mention that your pain meds are not working & they might swap you on to another type or increase the dose for you. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: Groin pain?

Postby ouchisme » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:36 pm

I completely agree with what shazq has said. I have probs with pain and tight ligaments around my groin mostly down to other 'exciting' ailments.

To take pressure off my lower back to aid with groin pain, I lie on the floor with my bottom against the sofa and put my legs onto the seat. Obviously I need help to on the floor and back off again :lol: but give it a try and see how it goes

loads of soft (((((hugs)))))
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems