re balance probelms

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: re balance probelms

Postby Tiamarie » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:43 pm

Hi every one , thank you for replys , I am going to make appointment at docs and try to explain it lol , a little sore around my elbow from my last fall . Hugs to every one merry Xmas :-D Jane x
Tiamarie
UKFM Member

Postby Melissa » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:44 am

I began to have balance problems when I was 21(I'm 28 now). Not so much dizziness as a feeling that my legs were made of rubber. I got a pair of elbow crutches to help steady myself thinking it would be a temporary thing. It started getting better after a year or so but by that time I had gotten so used to the crutches that it was kind of scary to walk without them. I'm sure it's all in my head but the crutches have become my security blanket and I'm still using them. I guess after seven years I'm pretty much stuck with them.
Melissa
UKFM Member

Postby FinkyDink » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:58 pm

I was diagnosed with Menieres a few years ago because I had dizziness and balance issues. However the rheumatologist who has recently diagnosed fibro suggested that the balance problems are caused by my having no core stability. I'm not sure this explains why I feel the room is tipping up even when I am not supporting myself, ie laying down.

However the cure for Menieres is the same a fibro. There ain't one :/
FinkyDink
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems