Pins and needles

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pins and needles

Postby foxesmad » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:58 pm

I know pins and needles are a common symptom of fibro. I have had them in my left hand for a long time. But over the past couple of months I have had an ache from my shoulder to my elbow, with pins and needles from my elbow to my fingers. Furthermore the pain from the joints in my middle finger have become debilitating.

Can anyone help with suggestions with what I can do please? It's like having a period pain in my arm - and I haven't had one of those for a very long time! The sensations and pains are really getting me down. :cry:
foxesmad
UKFM Member

Re: Pins and needles

Postby difly » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:08 pm

Hi firstly if you havent already make an apt with your gp to discuss , i get similar symptoms in my hands mainly , physio showed me some hand and arm exersises to help relieve the pains and the pins and needles , they dont go away all together but you do get some respite , have you try physio? hope you feelin better soon , take care xx
difly
UKFM Member

Postby foxesmad » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:59 pm

Thank you. It feels like a trapped nerve but I dont like to bother the doctor. Fibromyalgia is one of those difficult illnesses!
foxesmad
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:59 pm

Hi
You should make an apt to get it look at by your gp. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems