migraines .......aahhhhhhh

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

migraines .......aahhhhhhh

Postby isitme » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:52 am

:shock: after overdoing it last week i am still suffering with migraine. and really sensitive to light,

not sick or tireder than ususal though gp has told me to try and rest.
went to dr mon evening and was given imigran as had since friday.
#
seemed to do ok first day although caused my pain to increase everywhere else as it said on side effects.

felt bit better tuesday, then woke up weds felt ok first thing but then came on again, later that morning so took some more imigran again forget i had taken one so ended up taking 2. went to cinema in afterbnoon with oh and littlemna.
sat there covering my eyes and just listening.
sound doesn';t bothe rme just lights. was down to 1 tablet again by 4pm yesterdayday so went back to drs saw differnet than usual and she was really good and actually looked in my eyes. could see i was blinking at lights. so gave me another pack but said couldn;'t see anything sinister.
still there today so am in bed taking it easy. just got up and had a bath - thought better to do in day as don;t have to have lights on and can keep lights/blinds shut. but eexhausting sitting down after bath in chair in bathroom waiting for towels to dry me.

so fed up of this, got appointmnet wiht opticians satuday to get eyes tested just fed up do little bits on laptop like watch tv for 1/2 hour programme or just dcome on here but have to stop after about 5/10 mins or cna feel it coming back.

basically down feel too bad if i lie still under bedcovers - great.........
any tips or ides to get rid or pass the time please. never had one this long before. :crazy:
isitme
UKFM Member

Re: migraines .......aahhhhhhh

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:25 am

Hope you are feeling a bit better.
Firstly careful with the Imigrane from memory seem to remember you shouldn't have more than 2 per attack.

I too have been having Migraines again and they are really driving me crazy, you would think given all that we are on for pain we shouldn't feel much!

I'm not surprised when you say that this one is different in its symptoms and duration. After having a hysterectomy I hadn't had a migraine for years but began having them again shortly after my fall which I now blame for my FM. I have had a couple over the last few years that were very scary as they were so different to my "normal " migraine. At least 2- 3 times a year they have got really bad and I have ended up in A&E with stroke like symptoms.

The last time the A&E Doc was really lovely and after taking a really good history said it could be the FM has changed thier pattern and I need to either start on something everyday that will ward off the migraine or have something that I carry with me to take at the first sign of any sort of headache.

I would go and discuss with GP at earliest opportunity.

As for eyes, mine too have changed. I got new glasses in July but still have times where they can't seem to focus, thought I had been prescibed wrong lenses but Optician told me that FM can affect the eyes muscles especially at the end of the day. Eyes are also a lot dryer and so am on artificial tears for a few months to see if that helps.

Sorry if this is very negative hopefully you will get better news
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby isitme » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:44 pm

still in bed with headace though no stabbing pain, but curtains shut.

just need a moan as know it is just form having a bad week.

oh is getting fed up of running up and down stairs and shouted fed up of me being ill and hates me................., after a cry yesterday i have just rang social services to see if we can get an assessment for adult care as well as for son.

he has had to do everything this week sort kids out, make all decisions, washing, meals etc. men just cant hack it as we do it noramlly but fair enough. he has not been to work since september either.

plus the dla applications all the time/tribunals just come to a head we are not very good at asking for help as we are usually helping others but think i finallly have to for his and my sanity. its really upset me but i can see where he is coming from. plus we have had an insurance claim hanging over us from car crash just wish it would all be over and we coupld perhaps get a cleaner in or something but we hae no money anymore now on benefits adn low wage as mnay others are on here.

at least usually i have plodded aroudn downstairs and made occasional cup of tea or emptied a bit of dishwasher and suggested ideas for meals but even thinking hurts all i have been able to do is listen to stuff.

anway feel better after rining social services - what a life.
thanks for listening he is out with little man so not seen him today so maybe we will talk when he gets back and act liek nothing has happened like you usualllyh do.. :cry: :cry:
isitme
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:20 pm

hi ism, so sorry you are still feeling so bad,

also sorry you are having such a run of other upsets it must be realy hard on all of you,

it is sometimes hard to talk about feelings honestly i do struggle sometimes but you are both under so much presure,

i know how you feel about asking for help im the same but getting better and you need it so i hope that you can get all the help you need to help the whole family,

i keep thinking about trying to get some help like a couple of hrs cleaning to help hubby but its always put on hold as something always seems to come up.

i hope that thing get sorted for you soon and you start to feel better.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:50 pm

I suffer too and so am now taking pitzotifen (sp) to ward off the attacks and have migraleve for any breakthrough (such as this morning) :yikes: :yikes: so hope you are feeling better soon :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:10 pm

Sorry to highjack the thread but what is it with OH & cleaners. I haven't felt well in years especially when I have been working and had reasonable money coming in and I thought it would be a great idea to see if we could get someone to help clean the house for a few hours and take some of the burden I couldn't do off OH. You would have thought I had suggested sacrificing one of the children ( then again might not have had quite the same nuclear reaction if I had suggested that !)

Now when I am off and we are "managing " financially with him still being at work I suggested it again so that he doesn't have to use all his weekends for doing jobs around the house he still has a firm NO.

HAve I missed something , to me it would ease his burden and my stress as I wouldn't be worrying about how much my illness has impacted his life.

HAve others found the same or have I just married an oddball !

Back to thread .....
Hope this finally lifts for you Itsme, a week is a long time to be having migraine symptoms may be a trip or phone call to the GPs to see if you can get something else.

gentle hugs :hugs:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby isitme » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:08 pm

shock horror, social services have actually rang back TODAY to say someone will be in touch in the next week and is it urgent or not<,
then someone else rang TODAY and made appointment for MONDAY..................WOW

anyway thought was good, went downstairs to watch neighbours wiht family and then came back upstairs as eyes starting to hurt abit but feell alot better. oh came up and moaned that he is left downstairs to entertain littleman now and i have rushed back upstairs again - so i told him they actuallystill hurt abit and didn't want to bring on another migraine as seemed to have wore off and just have a bit of headache.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: i give up theyy are hopeless, i use to work 40hours week on 3 days, care for family member 2 days a week adn drive 100round trip each day and bring up family of 5 now he has to do 3 days a week and look after family - hang on he aint got it that hard.

he is just so grumpy everytime he suggest he needs help,or someone to talk to if he is stressed he said he doesn't have time and hasn't had bath for a week, join the club cant' face it myself because of pain ;-) ;-) 7777

:pull-hair: idiot think my sympathy has worn off for him.
might have another week in bed just to teach him a lesson.

:lol:
isitme
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:01 am

Good luck for Monday hope you get something organised :-D
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Mog29 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:02 pm

Isitme, I hope ur feeling better? Ask dr about Pizotifin, I been on it for about 4/5 years now I think.(?)
It got to the point where I was getting like 2 full on migraines per week. I get the fuzzy flashy light things, then if I don't get into a dark room quick as, I end up being sick, they can sometimes take as much as 3/4 days to go away for me.
U have our sympathy!!!!!!
Fortunately my husband is usually really good when I have migraines because he knows I really suffer with them.
Unfortunately, he isn't overly good at the housework thing, like he thinks I'm just being lazy or something. I think it's begining to dawn on him how bad fibro is though as I've not been able to walk properly lately, just hobble round the house.

We're here to rant at whenever u like me dear, we all need to vent sometimes, and at least all of us here understand what ur going through.
Mog29
UKFM Member

Postby isitme » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:23 pm

been to opticians so nothing sinister going on but getting some tinted glasses as light is still bothering me but migrane has passed for now.

feel alot better today. so roll on monday. thanks for support.
:-)
isitme
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems