Feeling very alone right now

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby HunnyBunny71 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:05 pm

It's been a while since I last posted on here and I could really do with some support right now.

I'm nearly into week 4 of a cold virus. Coughing has been the main problem and have had to have a course of antibiotics from the doc for a bladder infection. I've noticed since being diagnosed with FM that I seem to be a virus magnet, in fact, I'm pretty certain that a particular virus that I had for about 4 months back in 2010 was the onset of FM for me.

The difference this time is that my back, between the shoulder blades and ribs area is going into very painful spasms and making coughing and breathing extremely painful and I am wondering if this is FM related or something else. I've tried a few times to see the doc this week because of it but have been unable to get an appointment. This morning the pain has been really bad to the point that I'm writing this in tears.

My OH is not very sympathetic and thinks my condition is all in my head and I don't seem to be able to convince him otherwise. He has now gone out to work and has left me alone to look after our very active 3 yr old son and I just don't know how I'm going to manage today.

I'd like to phone NHS direct for advice but am unable to get to a prime care appointment should they suggest that as I have no one to look after my son.

I know life goes on for us, but, am feeling pretty awful today and just wanted to off load some feelings to people who would understand.

Thanks for listening xxx
HunnyBunny71
UKFM Member

Re: Feeling very alone right now

Postby Moobaloo » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:39 pm

No wonder you're feeling miserable! Having a bladder infection is really painful, even without FM, plus you've got the cold on top of it all! :hugs:

I'm so sorry your OH isn't supporting you emotionally right now, hopefully he'll come to terms with your diagnosis soon. But for now, you need to concentrate on making sure you're ok, so I would give NHS Direct a call anyway - if only to put your mind at ease. None of us can say for certain if your pains are related to your FM or not, because we're all different & the FM affects us in different ways. The thing to look at is if the pains are normal to YOU, and if they're not then it's probably wise to get them checked out.

Don't worry about the logistics of 'if' you have to go to an appointment etc right now, call NHS Direct anyway & take it from there. If you do need to be seen by a doctor, they might even arrange a home visit because of your circumstances (it is at least worth asking?).

Look after yourself & let us know how you get on.

Moobaloo x
Moobaloo
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:16 pm

hi hunnybunny, im so sorry that you are feeling so unwell and dealing with it all without support,

first like has been said ring up and if nessasery take son with you,
the coughing will not be helping with the pain but you need to get this sorted out ,

i cant think how you are going to get through to your husband but is there anyone else to help you,

hope you get things sorted soon and start to feel better.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby HunnyBunny71 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:48 pm

Thanks both x I've read about people with FM being susceptible to costochronditis and am wondering if that's what causing the pain. Been in the painkillers and anti inflams today and it has taken the edge off the pain a bit, but if I'm the same tomorrow i'll be getting seen even if it's a&e. Thanks again both xxx
HunnyBunny71
UKFM Member

Postby isitme » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:30 pm

constoconditis can be common, i have suffered with this.

my back was alot stiffer at first after my car accident but have had 2 sessions of hydro which have helpted to loosen it up abit and i now have a massage every week.

mine use to come on with a sudden movement like getting in/out of the car then feeling like you were having or going to have a heart attack.

sorry you are struggling and have had to look after your little one. sometimes if you don;t have family or friends to help, you need to put for foot down with your oh and get him to step in. don;t be afraid to ask for help and admit how you really feel.

hope you are feeling better this evening and managed to get some releif, take care.

:-) :-)
isitme
UKFM Member

Postby HunnyBunny71 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:27 pm

Thanks for your support isitme x think back to Xmas eve last year, I had a spasm in my chest which scared the life out of me as it did feel as though I was having a heart attack. Thankfully I haven't suffered another episode like that but the pain I'm getting now is around my back ribs and it seems to be lingering.

I've had a better day today pain wise, but am still aware that there's something not right. Is it something I can bring up with my doc do you think? I'm lucky that it happened on the weekend and bit one of my work days as there would have been no way that I could have gone in with pain like that. I'm already facing a disciplinary this week because of my sickness absence to date and have No idea what they are expecting of me as I am already under occ health. I'll be speaking to my union rep this week, but know the added stress of this meeting on Thursday is not making things any easier for me. It's going to be a case of suck it an see I suppose x
HunnyBunny71
UKFM Member

Postby isitme » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:51 am

mention of drs to rule out anything sinnister then they can refer you for some physio or gentle hydro.

first physio session was just gentle massage/manipulation and baby scan thingy sonar?? forgot name. ultrasound?

then on to hydro for continous exercise or gentle stretches/yoga. to loosen back up abit.
:-)
isitme
UKFM Member

Postby disco dancing kar » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:25 pm

hi honeybunny sorry you are feeeling so bad.like you i am sat here with yet another cold 2 in 3 weeks.i have had fm for nearly 3 years now,and have spasms 24 m/7. my neck shoulders and back,i also get pain in ribs. its gets you down,and fed up with pain.i am just having accupuncture, with pain clinic a moment to try for spasms,as i want to feel normal and be able to get on with my life. i find a bath helps a little and have 2 wheaty bags on a night for neck and back,i am also on a new tab,so its early days with that. take care hope things settle down for you. kar
disco dancing kar
UKFM Member

Postby sparky630 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:57 pm

Hi hunnybunny.
I used to work in emergency service so the questions I wud be asking u are

1 take a deep breath in. Does the pain change or stay the same? If it hurts to take a breath in its poss chest inf or cud be strain from coughing.
Cud even be pleurisy which is very painful.

2 does the pain come and go or stay the same

3 sori for this one..are u coughing anything up? If so wot colour is it? If its yellow or green again pss chest inf.

4 are u breathless?

5 do u have any chest pain or is the pain in ur back?

These are the questions NHS will ask and I am not trying to scare u but if u say u are breathless or have chest pain they will call 4 an ambulance, well they wud in Lancs anyway

Regardless of anything else remove fibro from the equasion I think u def need to see a DR

Regarding OH I wud TELL not ask but tell him u need to go to the DRS and seen as ur little one is half his he needs to stay home from work as u r not fit to look after him. If this doesn't work then get yourself to A&E and ask one of the staff to ring him as u have no phone and no one to look after ur little one so cud they ask him to come and get ur little one.

I really hope this info helps u love. I hate to think of u trying to look after a little one whilst ur feeling so poorly.

I used to wear one of those gorgeous green suits. ........ not! So I promise I know the questions they should or will ask are correct.
Lets face it u ve had this a while now with anti biotics in the middle of it all. And its still not gone so it needs looking at.

Please let me know how u go on

Take care hun xx

Ps maybe u shud let OH read my post and tell him I used to be a Paramedic and I have it and there is no way I cud look after a little one let alone
Go to work. My hubby used to also work for emergency services and he left his career to look after me and our children because I badly injured my back and then I got fibro. I am now in a wheelchair most of the time and I am really lucky to have a disability assistance dog.

I wudnt want to lose my dog, he is my partner and along with my hubby we are a team. Let OH read this and ask him wud 2 people leave good careers if fibro was in my head and if he were to say well she injured her back. Yes I did but it's the fatigue that stops me having a life.

Sori for rambling but partners who don't believe fibro is real shud hang their heads in shame

Rant Over lol

Xxxxxx
sparky630
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems