MRI

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

MRI

Postby kathmoore1 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:33 pm

Hi everyone.
I saw my consultant yesterday and am getting really worried now. I already know I have fibro, and I have got slow worse recently. Now my doctors referred me for an urgent MRI scan on head and neck. I am really worried that he thinks something else is going on.
Is there anyone in the same situation or any ideas from anyone would be greatly appreciated.
kathmoore1
UKFM Member

Re: MRI

Postby Iceskatemum » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:31 pm

Kath He might just be looking to rule out degenerative spinal problems. Lots of folk have degeneration in their spine but show no difficulties. With FM I think we tend to experience and feel the same level of change more.(if you get what I mean )

Try not to view the MRI as looking for something (as in something bad) just think of the Doc as being extra good and looking/ trying to get a fuller picture.

As we all know worrying never does us any good.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

MRI

Postby kathmoore1 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:31 pm

Thnks iceskatemum
It's the head part I'm really worried about but thanks for your thoughts. My doctor is really nice and good, he might just be checking to rule out stuff hopefully x
kathmoore1
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems