Back and groin pain !!!!!!!!!!!!!

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Back and groin pain !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby diane1 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:52 pm

Hi folks

This is a quickie as i'm having a flare right now but needed to ask this question.

My back pain is so bad and has got worse over the last 4 weeks. It feels like ive a trapped nerve or something as even the smallest movement is torture. Ive also got the shooting pains down the legs nd achey knees and my pubic bone is really sore and aching. Has anyone else had this.

I'm off to the drs tomorrow just incase its more than fibro.

Di
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Re: Back and groin pain !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:56 am

Di I get this from my bad back which is due to herniated/degenerative disc etc. Pain down the leg sounds very like siatica .
Hope they can give you something for it . I get epidural injections about x2 a year.

Hope you get some rest :sleep:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:46 pm

Hi
My back has been killing me for weeks now, the hospital gave me diazepam which has helped but have reduced them now as running out so going to see if my gp will give me some more on Monday.

Hope yours eases soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Flash » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:41 pm

ISM, do you find the epidural injections helpful with the pain? I too have degenerative and plolapsed discs in the lower and upper spine, arthritis too. I am now in constant pain that only someone else who gets it would understand.

The one thing I don't really like to admit is that I do have a recognised needle phobia which has been helped slightly with hypnotherapy, but I would still have to think seriously before asking for the injection. I'm desperate though, willing to consider it if it has a good reputation.

Di, I hope you get relief soon, it's miserable. I get the pains you described around the pubic bone, groin and down left leg, I was told a disc was pressing on a nerve.

Take care all, gentle hugs, Sue. X
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby diane1 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:02 pm

Hi flash nd ISM
#
Went to the Drs and he told me he thinks its the prolapsed disc and a trapped nerve, great something else falling apart. He mentioned the needle but although I dont have phobia of needles I do of some types of injections and although I know the pin wont last long s I explained to my GP we feel pain at a higher level. :yikes:

Ive been given the naproxen as Im on all the high pin relief and told if the pain gets to my ankles to go back and if I find I cant lift my foot to go straight to A & E. If its the same in 6 weeks im off for an MRI SCAN , forgot to say i gat claustrophic as well :!: :!:

Fingers crossed it goes .

Di
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems