What causes this? :(

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Lyssie » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:22 am

The intense and crying, ripping your hair out, feeling ill with it kind of pain.

Basically my right leg has been going really mental (flying all over the place when sitting or lying, so when there's no pressure on it like standing if that makes sense?) it's really feeling like its one big creepy crawly. This has been for like about 2 and a half to 3 weeks. And it's slowly becoming more tender and really sickeningly painful.

The main pain is the feeling of the whole leg ROTTING from the inside(yep right in the bone)-out. Tenderness so that I have to slap my lidocaine plasters all over the leg, and you're only supposed to use 3 at once (oops!)

I don't usually limp but my right leg is very spasmy and harder than my left and the skin is super sensitive. My foot is sore on top and frooozen :/

Anyway I spoke to my physio yesterday on the phone because I wasn't sure who else to ask about this but she said it sounds like some sort of acute nervy injury (not from my back but she's not sure how I've done it!) so very light movements and desensitising it should help, I've tried touching even massaging but ouch :( big time time ouch.

Seriously though... What on earth causes this (urgh) leg rotting feeling?

Lots of love to you all, Lyssie xxx
Lyssie :-) ...xX
Lyssie
UKFM Member

Re: What causes this? :(

Postby denys » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:35 am

Absolutely no idea Lyssie but I think a visit to the docs is called for to get it checked out properly
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:19 am

Could be a rage of things.

I know that restless leg syndrom which is an associated condition can cause such symptoms and also any stiffness from the fibro coming from the lower back can put pressure on the nerves and especially siatica nerve causing all sorts of problems and symptoms.

Then your leg can also stiffen up with the fibro causes pain and muscle twitches and spasms.

You really need to be checked out to see what the underlying problem is.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Lyssie » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:36 pm

Thank you guys I will book an appointment with my GP I think :) x x
Lyssie :-) ...xX
Lyssie
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:15 pm

Hi
I agree with the others best have it checked by your gp. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems