Sinus headaches....

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sinus headaches....

Postby charley » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:44 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right board for this, but I'll give it a go anyways :)

I've had a really bad sinus headache over the weekend (along with some other bad cold symptoms) has anyone got any magic cures for these? My Mum has told me I need to start taking Feverfew again, but that takes a while to start working. Need to try and get rid of this illness soon, deadlines are looming and I can't work properly when I'm stuck in bed unable to move :(

Hope everyone else is well and looking forward to xmas etc :) xx
charley
UKFM Member

Re: Sinus headaches....

Postby penfriend » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:08 pm

so sorry about your sinus headaches. I* seldom get them now but years ago, I did. i used to find breathing over a steam bath of olbas oil very helpful, and also the Otrovine nasal drops (still available) help a lot. I could not now use the olbas oil though, eyes have become far too sensitive. Even the use of menthol in a rub can bring up my eyes so red and sore and right now still have a red lump on the eyelid for using it weeks ago.
hope you find something helpful. sincerely penfriend
penfriend
UKFM Member

Postby charley » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:12 pm

Thank you penfriend :) I didn't realise olbas oil could help, will have to find where I put my bottle haha. Are those nasal drops expensive?
Oh no :/ hope that lump goes away soon and isn't too painful for you :)
Thank you :)
charley
UKFM Member

Postby SharonL42 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:01 am

I get a lot of sinus pain. I bought a Boots steam inhaler & add a few drops of olbas oil or Vick in it with the hot water.
I also use a saline nasal spray called Sterimars Isotonic Saline,also available in Boots. It's great for helping to clear out your sinuses.
Hope you feel better soon

Sharon xx

Keep Smiling :-)
Keep Smiling :)
SharonL42
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:20 am

A reasonably deep bowl with warm/hot water in it and a few dollaps of vick or something similar added while you lean over the bowl with a towel around your head and the bowl so its like a tent while you breath in /out will help clear most sinus problems.

May be oldfashioned but still works if you don't like the menthol of vick or similar you can try a few drops of eucalyptus oil instead, You can also add a few drops of tee tree to act as an antiseptic and or lavender to act as a calmning effect.

Hope you feel better soon

ISM
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:16 pm

When my family have blocked noses i also do them the blob of vick in hot water with a towel over their head, its always helped them.
Hot lemon drinks help as well.

Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby charley » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:02 pm

Thank you, will definitely have to give the steam thing a go :)....will just have to hope I can pull it off without setting off the fire alarm haha!!

Went to the Dr's today, been put on antibiotics for Sinusitis so hopefully they will kick in soon and it'll be sorted :)
Managed to get my amitryptiline dose upped aswell, so will have to see if that works as well :)

Genuinely don't know what I would do without help from all you guys, you're all right up there with my mum when I don't know what to do about something! :D
charley
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems