Polymyalgia and Fibromyalgia

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Polymyalgia and Fibromyalgia

Postby janderhip » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:15 pm

:!: :!: Having been diagnosed with PMR and now on steroids ,I am experiencing some of the symptoms of FM as well as ones for PMR. As my husband has had fibromyalgia(diagnosed 1995) ,I am aware of the many symptoms that occur. Has anyone ever been diagnosed with both these conditions? I have had my life changed with this illness,lost my job and trying to adjust ,especially lack of help form DWP. My doctor has supported both of us but others haven't. No doubt we are not the only ones,but it feels like it sometimes.
janderhip
UKFM Member

Re: Polymyalgia and Fibromyalgia

Postby shazq » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:02 pm

Hi
Sorry i dont recall anyone mentioning polymalgia but i am sure they will be along to offer their support if there is anyone else on the forum with it.

There are a couple of us with partners that both have fibro.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: Polymyalgia and Fibromyalgia

Postby denys » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:50 pm

There have been one or two members mentioning polymyalgia, I think they were still pre-diagnosis and havent heard anything recently. As Shaz has already said if there are others I'm sure they will be in touch shortly :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems