Slowly Falling Apart

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Slowly Falling Apart

Postby Morgana » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:06 pm

Hi

I'm about to have a moan... so if you want to escape then now is the time to do it!!!

Have any of you experienced any of the following:

Pain in neck and shoulders preventing you from turning/looking over you shoulder when driving?

Pain in your hands and spasms?

Arms and/or hands going numb when holding a book, iPad, phone etc?

Something akin to an electric shock when resting you elbows on a table?

I seem to be getting all of these more regularly at present... I also had a large ganglion cyst in my finger joint for three months - made an appointment with the doctor for the 2nd and it vanished yesterday although it is still painful (wonder if lugging a large wicker cat basket with cat to and from the vets yesterday helped it on its way!)

One final question... any of you here have a living will? I am thinking of writing one because I don't want to end up in a nursing home... working in one has taken care of that,,,

Hope you all had a peaceful and stress free Christmas, and that 2013 is good to you and yours.

Mo x
Morgana
UKFM Member

Location: A filing cabinet in Hell... or at least that's what it feels like!

Re: Slowly Falling Apart

Postby Soapbubbles » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:31 am

Hi Morgana,

Its fine to have a moan. We all feel like it from time to time and its better to get it out of your system. At least no one will call you a whinger here.

I've had a ganglian cyst in my left wrist for a long time. It comes and goes from time to time which is normal apparently. Some times it makes my wrist ache but most of the time the other aches and pains drown it out so to speak. They are quite common really.

I often have aches and pains in neck, shoulders, arms and hands which make driving difficult. As a result I tend to walk a lot. Fortunately the rest of me isn't too bad.

The electric shock thing is odd. I only tend to get that if I knock something.

Perhaps the new year will bring some better weather and cheer us up.
Soapbubbles
UKFM Member

Slowly Falling Apart

Postby pinky1 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:33 am

Hi there,

I get pains in my hands and spams in them, also in my legs too. I've found a low dose of diazepam helps with the spams. My fingers seem to lock in place at time when I'm holding my phone, kindle or a bag and my arm goes numb and tingly as well.
I don't get the electric shock thing.

Hugs
X
pinky1
UKFM Member

Postby Whiplashsal » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:47 am

I know what you feel like too! i understand the elbow thing too i think! Quite often both my elbows hurt as if I've caught my funny bone, even though i haven't! i have pains in the neck and shoulders but its my legs that go numb if I've stood for more than a few minutes! Have had a lot of falls!:-(

Hope having a vent helped! It helps me too as Im quite new to the condition and in a bit of denial still! :-( I also don't know anyone else with Fibromyalgia/CFS, so reading posts on here makes me feel a bit normal!

take care!
Whiplashsal
UKFM Member

Slowly Falling Apart

Postby Morgana » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:20 pm

Thanks for all of the replies; and for allowing me to have my vent...

I think I will cancel my appointment; doesn't seem a lot of point in going only to be told that yes it is Fibro related!

Still thinking about the living will; going to do some more research in the New Year...

Mo x
Morgana
UKFM Member

Postby Flash » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:19 pm

Morgana, sorry to seem ignorant but what is a living will, I ask for a reason and wonder if it was the same as what I want to do.

Just over a year ago, I had an episode which was scary for me. I woke up feeling almost parilised but my mind was crystal clear. I couldn't speak. This went on for a couple hours and I realised that I could end up like this for good and no one would know who is trapped inside. I was going to write a load of stuff to say I didn't want to end up in a home etc. I feel I need everyone to know I still feel pain, still have likes, dislikes etc and still have my marbles. Is this on the same line as what you mean.

As for the pain in arms, shoulders, neck etc, I am going through that this very moment. It has gone on for weeks. I thought it was bursitis.

Atleast you know what to do if your finger plays up again, stick your cat into the basket and carry it around for a while. Thats what you call alternative therapy, Eh? LOL!! :cat1:
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby momsy05 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:26 pm

Hello
I think you are quite right to have a moan-we all do :lol:
I can relate to your problems, having a major flare up with pain and numbness at the moment my hands and arms go really numb if holding a book, laptop ect :( .
Also get it badly in knees, feet and head but the new one that is REALLY odd is my neck and throat going numb ,i lay in bed and feel my head is seperated from my body really strange :-? :-?

What a very odd awful illness we all have :too-upset: :too-upset:
all best wishes
Lorraine
momsy05
UKFM Member

Postby maxtomads » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:28 pm

A living will is a document to say how you want to live if you lose the capacity to choose for yourself.
I'm going to do one - one of my contracts involves working with people with advanced dementia and it really brings home how that situation can & does happen to anyone.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Postby Flash » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:56 pm

Thanks Max, it is as I thought. Hmm I will be doing one, deffinitely.
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby tabithakat64 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:56 pm

I don't have a living will, have never really thought about it before.

I do have all of the symptoms you mention though. I would still go to your GP just to be on the safe side if these symptoms are new to you.
tabithakat64
UKFM Member

Slowly Falling Apart

Postby Morgana » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:26 pm

Cyst is back and catching on everything from bag to steering wheel so just made another appointment for Friday - now opening a book on when it will vanish again!

Mo x
Morgana
UKFM Member

Postby Flash » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:05 am

Looks like the cat's going for another ride in the wicker basket again... :cat1:

Ouch... Poor you Morgana. I hope it goes down soon. :flowers:
Flash
UKFM Member

Slowly Falling Apart

Postby Morgana » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:40 pm

Saw the doctor today... not sure it is a ganglion cyst because it is so hard... more likely calcification... now got to try and get time off for an x-ray... can't make an appointment - first come first served

Here kitty kitty... MEOW!

;)

Mo x
Morgana
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:20 pm

This will get kitty in the wicker basket :shooting: :dogchasecat1:

Mo, what about one of those x~ray fone apps, you wouldn't have to wait then :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Not been on the norty step for a bit, think I'd better go there next............ :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :nono: :nono:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Slowly Falling Apart

Postby Morgana » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:31 pm

Naughty step?!? I thought we had a naughty staircase... the twin of the one at Covent Garden underground!!!

;)
Morgana
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems