Just catching up

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Just catching up

Postby blueeyes64 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:36 pm

Hi all, hope you all had a relatively pain free christmas.I had a horrible cold virus before Christmas which floored me for a while, and then Christmas Day afternoon I started with a nasty dioarreah bug :( .For a few days I thought it was my garlic intolerance as I noticed some party snacks I had been eating contained garlic salt.But it went on until yesterday and was different to my usual symptoms.I was also hot one minute and freezing cold the next.Of course i had to make the effort as all the family were here, but I was having to rush to the loo constantly even 5-6 times during the night.I was sat rocking on the loo in pain :(

Feeling much better today and fingers crossed have not had to go at all today, still getting the odd stomach ache though.
This isn't related to fibro, but I have posted about my youngest son before who has had swallowing problems and aches and pains etc.Well he finally had an endoscopy the week before Christmas.The GI who did it came to me after and said she thought the biopsies would confirm the diagnosis of EoE (Eosinophilic oesophogitis ) as she had seen a lot of damage in his oesophogus.Heres an article on EoE for anyone interested http://www.eosinophilicesophagitishome.org/

We should get the results from the biopsies that were taken in a week or so, maybe longer due to the Christmas break.Then we have to go back and speak with the GI we saw who asked for the endoscopy to be done and talk about treatment.It will probably be a swallowed steroid to reduce the inflammation in his oesophogus.Then another endoscopy after a certain length of time to see if the oesophogus has healed.If not we may have to go down the food elimination route, but I doubt that will happen as a lot of kids respond well to the steroid.
Only trouble is this disease does not go away and is a lifetime thing.

I think his dad also has it as he has swallowing difficulties at times too, noticeably this last week actually, but he won't mention it to a Dr.EoE often has a family connection.

Anyway, at least I don't feel like the neurotic mother anymore, now something has definitely shown up.I have been tentatively mentioning the possibility of my son havng EoE for almost 2 Years now (although hes been having sympotms for over 10 years ) and its taken this long t finally get a refferal to a children's GI.He did see a GI once nearly 5 years ago now who asked for a barium study.But as that didn't show anything abnormal she reffered him back to the GP.
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made paragraphs clearer for easier reading.
blueeyes64
UKFM Member

Re: Just catching up

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:12 pm

Sorry to hear you haven't been so good over the festivities blueeyes. There have been a number of horrid bugs and illnesses doing the rounds, glad you're feeling a bit better now.

I've only had a very brief look at the linky you've included (head not too clear) but do remember a little of what you have mentioned regarding your son. Hopefully, when you've got a definite dx, and treatment started, things will be a lot brighter and more comfortable for him :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: That neurotic parent feeling is awful, but without it I think a lot of things would be dismissed as it tends to be mum and/or dad that knows something isn't quite right with their offspring, even when the "professionals" are adamant that there is nothing wrong. It's then that neurotic parent energy that keeps you going until you finally get those questions, that you already knew the answers to, officially answered.

Sounds like it is starting off as a :happy-new-year-group-1: for you and those important to you :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby blueeyes64 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:23 pm

Thanks !
Spoke too soon about the toilet problem :oops: thinking i need to get into the GP tomorrow as I have had this over a week now and its draining me ! I did ring on Monday but there were only emergency appointments left and since I knew a lot of people would be needing to get to see a Dr after Xmas I didn't want to take one of those up.
blueeyes64
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:42 pm

Hope you & your son feel better soon blueeyes :hugs: :flowers:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems