Does anyone have a mental illness?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Leona » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:42 pm

Does anyone else here have a diagnosed mental illness?

I have Borderline/Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder, Dysthymic Depression, Mood Disorder and Anxiety.
My depression has got worse over the last six months because of my Fibro which I hear is common.

Anyone else have what I have?
Leona
UKFM Member

Re: Does anyone have a mental illness?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:36 pm

Quite a few of us have a mental illness, it seems to be another of the problems that tags along with FM. My personal demons are anxiety and depression. When I'm up I'm buzzing, but when I'm down it's a real crash and burn and both are equally exhausting :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: No joy in finding a calmer middle/balance so far, just slight differences in the swing of things :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby motherconfessor » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:55 pm

I'm with Fluppy in the anxiety and depression gang :crazy:
motherconfessor
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:08 pm

Hi
Yes i am in the anxiety and depression gang :roll: i have other health problems and my gp has said to me that when you are fighting chronic illnesses its not surprising you have depression.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:18 pm

Same for me :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D Depression and anxiety :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby mouseyone » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:28 pm

I have a diagnosis of borderline personality disorder, OCD and extreme anxiety seems quite common in the fibro family eh?!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mouseyone
UKFM Member

Postby Leona » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:38 pm

mouseyone wrote:I have a diagnosis of borderline personality disorder, OCD and extreme anxiety seems quite common in the fibro family eh?!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Another BPD gal! Horrible though isn't it? :( any time you want to talk you know where I am.
Leona
UKFM Member

Postby Morgana » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:40 pm

OCD and depression...
Morgana
UKFM Member

Location: A filing cabinet in Hell... or at least that's what it feels like!

Postby Wendy_b » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:09 pm

I'm the same depression.
Wendy_b
UKFM Newbie

Postby VLB » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:05 am

You're definately not alone. Think depression and anxiety go hand in hand with FM. Certainly do in my case. My self esteem and confidence are shot to pieces and I don't think the isolation this condition causes as well as the onstant pain and exhaustion help. My advice, find something you love doing and do it often. I bought a horse. I often can't ride due to FM but just having him really helps. Hope you find something that helps you.
VLB
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:07 pm

Anxiety here and my fibro friend has boredaline personality disorder @ adjustment disorder.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Leona » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:39 am

I'm seeing my psychiatrist today. I've not been coping too well as I've had a really stressful few months - in the space of 3 weeks my brother in law died, I was diagnosed with Fibro and Cervical Spondylosis, Disc Degeneration, Under Active Thyroid and Severe Anaemia. I'm just having a rant, it helps to write it down as I don't have anyone apart from my fiance to talk to about my problems, and he's been through enough lately what with losing his brother (not a nice death either). I hope 2013 will be easier for me....at least I have my wedding to plan and look forward to!
Leona
UKFM Member

Postby Lemonzest2012 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:42 pm

OCD, Bipolar, Depression, Autism, ADHD.
Lemonzest2012
UKFM Member

Postby DonnaLily » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:29 am

Another one with severe anxiety and mild depression (controlled by meds)
I'm starting a "mood something or other" course end of feb - don't hold out much hope lol
I've had anxiety long before the fibro tho, since childhood my mum thinks, probably connected to mum and dads messy break up and dads useless parenting skills (but he's the BEST grandparent so making up for it!)

Having lily is the best medicine for me, I have strength when I'm with her to do daily tasks like take her to preschool three times a week, go to toddler group occasionally (that was a HUGE thing for me, going alone to a place I don't know what to expect and don't know anyone - anxiety attack trigger)
Luckily as long as I don't miss my meds I stay above the cloud and can talk myself out of potentially difficult scenarios, I do avoid lots of things still but I'm getting there :-) this is the reason I can't work, more so than the fibro pains etc
Xx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"
DonnaLily
UKFM Member

Postby marianne p » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:29 pm

yes i also have borderline personality disorder,so it took me a long time to get dx of fibro,because they said it was all in my head,social services have taken my children away when i got bpd in feb 2011,they say i do not have the ability to parent with mental health and fibro,i have to sign the children over to foster carer next tues,i am heart broken and stressed out,which is not helping my mood or pain! and i only get to see my children once a month,i have asked for more access but the social worker is not helping me at all,she is making things worse! they are to stay in care until 18,they are 10 and 13 at the moment,marianne p xx :too-upset: :scream-1:
marianne p
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems