Depo contraception and Fibro

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Depo contraception and Fibro

Postby valiumval » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:00 pm

Hi guys, i'm after some opinions/advice please!

I was just wondering how many of you have had / are getting the Depo contraceptive injection?
I've been on it for a long time but today my doctor has advised that i stop due to the risk of osteoperosis, she also said that it can have a worsening effect on fibro and that when i saw the rheumy in a couple of weeks that she would tell me the same? I knew there was an increased risk of osteoperosis with the injection but it wasnt something that i thought was that bad.
I'm actually quite worried about coming off it as the thought of periods, cramps, pmt etc is crappy!! :roll:

Any help would be good :-)
valiumval
UKFM Member

Re: Depo contraception and Fibro

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:56 pm

Not tried the injection so not much help with the osteoporosis link I'm afraid :( :( If you're going to need an alternative form of contraception tho that could possibly reduce all the nastyness and crappyness we get thrown at us each month, it might be worth seeing if the Mirena IUS could be suitable for you (I'm guessing that you haven't already tried it.) Tis linky tells you more about it http://training.mirena.co.uk/
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby valiumval » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:16 am

Thanks fluffypuppy, i'll have a look and start considering different options as i have about a month before i need to decide :)
valiumval
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:53 pm

Sorry I dont need to worry about this anymore :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems