burning tears

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

burning tears

Postby njam » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:49 pm

Hi There does anyone out there find when there eyes water or if there crying tears are incredably painful and feel like the tears are burning . This is happening to me everyday currently. Also does anyone get numbness in one side of face followed by a bad headache. I dont know if this is conected with Fibro be great to hear from anyone......... Thanks
njam
UKFM Newbie

Re: burning tears

Postby masonsbarms » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:15 pm

hi, i dont get burning tears but do get numb patches in face and headaches,

all could bee fm but if its new to you you should see gp,

never just put somthing down to fm as it could be something else,

hope you can get some help for both

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:09 pm

:welcome: to the forum

No it does not happen to me, like MB has said if they are new symptoms to you its best to get them looked at by your gp just to be on the safe side especially as you are getting headaches after a numb face. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:37 am

Nope dont think I've ever seen that symptom attributed to FM
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Patched » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:50 am

Hi. I don't get burning tears, but what I do find odd is that I have to use eye drops to treat 'Dry-eye' & yet sometimes my eyes start watering for no apparent reason.
I've experienced the left sided face numbness with headaches for 10-12 years. I periodically also get sharp pain deep in the left ear canal, which come in waves of what feel to me like 3-4 sharp burning 'stabs' or surges of pain, and then fade. The numbness & headache are permanent, but vary in intensity. The ear pain is periodic but I don't know what triggers it. It just happens.
I've only recently been diagnosed with FM ,and I'm still learning to determine which of my symptoms are due to FM. My headaches were previously treated as migraine, but why I get the ear pain & facial numbness have never been explained to me by my GP.
I hope you get the burning tears problem sorted by your doctor soon Njam.
Patched
UKFM Member

burning tears

Postby Morgana » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:04 am

My tears sting my eyes... then again they always have...but I agree with what the others have said, if this is new to you - get it checked; better to be safe than sorry

Mo x
Morgana
UKFM Member

Location: A filing cabinet in Hell... or at least that's what it feels like!

Postby wanita2k » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:49 pm

Hi i get stinging sore eyes but then on other days have to use fake tear drops from docs as have dry eyes. My doc put it down to fm and all the meds i take for pain relief
wanita2k
UKFM Member

Postby Debz7172 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:51 pm

I was diagnosed with Sjogrens (dry eye syndrome) about 20 years ago but last year they told me I've got FM with Sicca Syndrome which is basically the same as Sjogrens but doesn't spread to other mucous membranes! I use a waxy eye drop before I go to sleep then Fake Tears during the day when my eyes are feeling uncomfortable, dry, gritty etc. Its a lot lot worse when driving, or windy conditions etc. What is really irritating is that sometimes they feel dry but are like a slow running tap! Doesn't make sense to me at all. If you go to the net doctor, or google Sicca syndrome (make sure you go to a UK website that is based on a UK association rather than q personal blog etc), You can get very misleading info out there and make sure you discuss this with your GP as its a lot more common than you think, and you must look after your eyes!!!

Let us know how you get on.

Debz. X. ;-)
Debz7172
UKFM Member

Postby wanita2k » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:48 am

The doc thinks i have sjourns syndrome as i have dryness in all the places including my eyes. I would defo go get it checked out if its worrying u hun x (hugs)
wanita2k
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems