WEIGHT GAIN/ FATIGUE/ MUSCLE TWITCHES

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

WEIGHT GAIN/ FATIGUE/ MUSCLE TWITCHES

Postby sjc » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:12 pm

Hi there, folks - aint been on here for a while, as been extremely busy and dealing with the battle of fibro flare up I think....

Anyway to cut a long story short.....my lower abdomen and stomach (where my uterus and intestinal area) is becoming large, to the point where I look like I am pregnant - definitely not pregnant by the way, I know that for a fact.... :lol:

Even though I am a curvy girl lets say, but I have not put any weight on in other places on my body - still kept the same weight in most other areas....Since August 2012, I have been swimming every week and gently walking the dog around my village...I try to pace myself, to avoid any flare ups of course, but I do try to push myself like most of us here....I having been trying to gently exercise to keep the weight down, but nothing is happening, and this frustrates me...

I have been getting alot of muscle jerks/twitches, since my early twitches - but this has been getting worse as I am getting older - even when I am not anxious, I get muscle aches, twitches, etc.....in the past few months, I am starting to feel really tired to the put I cannot function properly - I have even tried everything to combat it, but nothing works. :sleep:

The doctors keep blaming fibro....even though I know fibro is a nightmare to live with, I am really struggling to cope with my life, and it doesn't matter what I do or take, nothing is working....I know that I never see any result in curing these symptons, should I be concerned and are they associated with fibro in anyway?

Anyone else going through same, or should I investigate the reasons behind the fatigue, weight gain, and muscle twitches further?
sjc
UKFM Member

Re: WEIGHT GAIN/ FATIGUE/ MUSCLE TWITCHES

Postby denys » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:21 am

Sorry to hear you are suffering more sjc I would say always get things investigated thoroughly especially if its concerning you. Fibro isnt responsible for everything sometimes it can be a side effect of your meds or something completely unrelated. I do suffer with the odd twitches and jerky stuff but I would definitely go to the docs if it gets worse :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: WEIGHT GAIN/ FATIGUE/ MUSCLE TWITCHES

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:38 am

I also suffer from twitches and have put it down in the past to my brain not switching off when I'm just falling asleep :crazy:
I also have a spare tyre around my middle but know its due to hormone fluctuations following a hysterectomy, however prior to having the surgery I would also at times look as if I was pregnant , this was put down by docs to Endometriosis.

However my experiences could be so different from yours so would agree with Denys..............if anything worries you don't automatically self dx it as linked to Fm. If you have symptoms that are new or changing go back to your GP or another one in the practice and discuss your concerns.

Hope you feel better soon.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems