L5,S1 Radiculopathy, CPS, loss of lumbar lordosis??

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

L5,S1 Radiculopathy, CPS, loss of lumbar lordosis??

Postby Dianeb » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:38 pm

I just got a letter following my rheumy consultation and it has diagnosed these - anyone got any idea what they mean.
Type 2 Diabetes, Hypothyroidism, Spinal stenosis, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chronic Pain syndrome, Sciatica, Flat Back syndrome, L5,S1 Radiculopathy, Anxiety and Depression, Agoraphobia
Dianeb
UKFM Member

Re: L5,S1 Radiculopathy, CPS, loss of lumbar lordosis??

Postby shazq » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:07 pm

Hi Diane

I put it into google and lots of pages came up, i copied this one out for you, if you need more info just google it there lots more info there.

http://www.neuroanatomy.wisc.edu/SClini ... opathy.htm
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:19 pm

sounds impressive Diane :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Dianeb » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:59 pm

I think it roughly translates to 'on the scrap heap' :lol:
Still, I'm guessing it's a good letter to show my Atos doctor tomorrow morning when he arrives to tell me how well I am!!
Type 2 Diabetes, Hypothyroidism, Spinal stenosis, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chronic Pain syndrome, Sciatica, Flat Back syndrome, L5,S1 Radiculopathy, Anxiety and Depression, Agoraphobia
Dianeb
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:54 pm

:fingerscrossed: tomorrow
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby tonydin » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:02 pm

dont mean a lot really i have same , lumber 5 fused to sacral 1 with the bend in the lumber spine striaghtend due to poor posture
wont imptess atos i dought , iv been like this 40 years and hasnot stoped me yet , or impressed anyone :lol:

sorry to dissapiont :crazy: ;-)
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby Dianeb » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:41 am

poor posture? Due to years of horse riding, but I've always had good posture. Saying that.... they do think my hip issues are down to years in the saddle. I have spinal stenosis too which has previously been unsuccessfully operated on. I woke up a fortnight ago unable to get out of bed or move so had Xrays and MRI and this is what's been diagnosed,

Well confused now!!

Rheumy doesn't agree with labels of FM or ME and lumps them all together under Chronic Pain syndrome so I know now what CPS means :lol:

Oh well, and there was me thinking I was impressive for once :too-upset:
Dianeb
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:48 am

I have the loss of lordosis and in some people it may not cause any symptoms but with me it does becuase of everything else agrivating it.

The spine is curved inwards so my butt stick out :oops: :lol: but iv lost height from this. It adds to the back spasms i get and stiffness plus nerve pain.

I cannot lie flat as my spine curves in nor stand flat up against a wall and curve in my back seems to be the area i get alot of spasms in.

In some cases the spine gets pushed out of alignment by the stiffness and spasms which a pain clinic consultant told me.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Dianeb » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:26 pm

Thanks Lisa, they think this is why I feel like I'm being tasered when I walk :yikes:

At least I can use it as an excuse for my 'not so little' backside :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dianeb
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:30 pm

poor posture was me not you diane ,, i guss all that banging about in the sadle commpresd your spine and caused dameage at l5 s1 which in turn affets the natural curve of the lumber spine . as you know the only thing it means is it dam well hurts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
take sare
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems