Severe back pain associated with breathing

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Severe back pain associated with breathing

Postby lyndylou29 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:34 pm

Hi all have not been on here for a while,but need to ask if anyone else suffers from severe back pain between the shoulder blades which affects the breathing as well.I have been diagnosed with fms for sometime now and have uptill now managed to keep working,but this pain in my back is too much for me to handle.
lyndylou29
UKFM Member

Re: Severe back pain associated with breathing

Postby shazq » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:48 pm

Hi

I suffer with back pain but it does not affect my breathing, i find a Tens machine helps me.
Have you been to see your gp about it? If its new to you it might be worth mentioning it to your gp in case it is not down to fibro.

You could try a hot water bottle as well. hope it eases soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby lyndylou29 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:07 pm

Hi shazq thanks for replying,have been to docs quite a few times since boxing day last year,was prescribed stronger painkillers to no avail,so I started taking Anadin/Ibuprofen which did help a little but that has caused other problems I have only 1 kidney due to having cancer 5 yr ago so i have to watch what medication i take. at a lost end now as this pain is just not easing....quite worried really xx
lyndylou29
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:41 pm

Sorry to hear about your cancer :hugs: Have you another gp in your surgery who you could see? i would have thought they would keep an extra eye on you if you have server pain in your back and its affecting your breathing, i am not surprised you are worried. :hugs:

If you cant ease the pain and you are worried you should go to A&E at least there they will carry out tests and check your breathing out, that will put your mind at rest.

:goodluck1: Hope you manage to get the pain sorted out. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems