Tooth ache? / jaw pain?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Tooth ache? / jaw pain?

Postby AJay71 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:51 pm

Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone else has problems with tooth ache?
In the past I have been treated for grinding and clenching my jaw especially at night. This was thought to contribute to my migraines. I had a plastic mouth shield. Not the most romantic thing to be seen wearing in bed?... anyway, I don't have it here at the moment and I won't be able to get it until June.

It is about 14 years old now... and I'm not sure it will fit now. I have been experiencing really bad tooth ache this past year. I have had every filling replaced and even some new ones! One side was so painfully the Dentist did a root canal.

He is a very good Dentist and let's me have lots of rest breaks because of my fibro. He always sees me at the end of the day so there is no rush. The problem is... I still have deep pain under my teeth, like bad tooth ache or jaw pain. I don't know what to do. I may be clenching my jaw again through the night.... I do find myself getting tight sawed when stressed. Which happens quite a lot when you have 2 teenage boys a 7 yo girl who thinks she's 16 and your mother-in-law lives with you!

Sometimes I just wish I could have all my teeth pulled out and wear dentures.... it'd be so much easier!
Is this fibro related? Does anyone else have bad tooth ache for no apparent reason?

Hope everyone is well. Thank you in advance for all replies / advice.
Gentle hugs
Amanda xXx
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe
AJay71
UKFM Member

Re: Tooth ache? / jaw pain?

Postby jo_jo789uk » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:25 pm

Hi Amanda,

I haven't personally noticed much pain in my teeth specifically, although I do get sudden dull aches every now and again but they only last a minute or two.

My main issue in this area had been pain to my Jaw - I often feel as though I've been kicked under the chin with all my jawline feeling sore, and it makes me not want to eat etc. Yet another of the conditions considered prior to Fibro being diagnosed for me was TMJ (it's a problem with the gums, teeth and jaw).

It might be worth you asking your GP or Dentist to consider whether there is an underlying condition such as this, or whether it is actually Fibro related like my jaw pain is.

Take care.
Jo.
“Perhaps it is our imperfections that make us so perfect for one another!”
― Jane Austen
jo_jo789uk
UKFM Member

Re: Tooth ache? / jaw pain?

Postby tonydin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:23 am

at the start of all this i had bad thooth problems and head banging pain they kept taking them out , but could not get to bottomof it as pain persisted after thetth had gone .then dx with tmj disorder and later fibro ,,, no pains now from theth or jaw much now though
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems