Body Temperature

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Body Temperature

Postby wiccahawk » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Hi peeps.

just wondering if anyone else has a low body temp?

My temperature most days is around 35.5 c instead of the text book 36.9 c. I have a non-specific infection at the moment, shown up by blood tests but I've had a major problem explaining to the G.P that at 36.8 c I have a raised body temp. I'm used to the 'right-oh' and 'if you say so' looks from doctors but considering how bad I feel right now I'm rather annoyed with it all at the mo.

Anyway, rant aside, does anyone else have this 'problem' of an abnormal body temp?

Many thanks
Steve
FM, Angina, Spondylosis Thoracic Spine, Stenosis Lumbar Spine.

May we all have more good days than bad.
wiccahawk
UKFM Member

Re: Body Temperature

Postby Pinkprincess205 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:33 pm

Hi
I do have the same when m ill, eg flu, toncilitus or a infection my temp never goes too high, im not sure what my norm temp is during the day, maybe i should keep track like you have.
Hope you feel better soon.
Vic x
Pinkprincess205
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:01 pm

Hi

Not sure on my temperature as only have it taken when i am in hospital but i know i have low blood pressure.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby maxtomads » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:16 pm

my normal temp is 36.1, anything above 36.5 for me means I'm ill

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Body Temperature

Postby toplessbug » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:21 pm

My temp goes up and down like a yoyo

Sent from my iPhone using the force :-)
toplessbug
UKFM Member

Postby wiccahawk » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:03 pm

Thanks guys,

it always helps to know you're not alone. I just can't get this across to the G.P's. It's so annoying when they stick to their ideas of normal and refuse to accept that at 36.9 c I have a fever, despite the head to foot sweat and looking like death warmed up :evil: At least this time the blood test proved that I have an infection so the Doc was a little more ready to believe me :roll:

I also have the usual temperature regulator probs. Cold one minute and hot the next :shock: and moving from one temperature to another is a disaster waiting to happen. Going into shops during the winter is a nightmare and always leads to uncontrolable sweats followed by freezing. I don't seem to have a problem getting this over to a doctor though.

Thanks again,
Steve
FM, Angina, Spondylosis Thoracic Spine, Stenosis Lumbar Spine.

May we all have more good days than bad.
wiccahawk
UKFM Member

Postby Moobaloo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:44 am

I don't know what my usual body temp is, but have low blood pressure and suffer from Raynauds type symptoms & have a huge problem with regulating my temperature, especially at the moment! I literally pour sweat from my face, its so embarrassing
Moobaloo
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:44 am

Mine is either to hot or to cold occasionally I am just about right & like wiccahawk going in to the big stores is awful :yikes: after a couple of minutes you get the sweat :crazy:
kitten
UKFM Member

Body Temperature

Postby toplessbug » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:32 am

kitten wrote:Mine is either to hot or to cold occasionally I am just about right & like wiccahawk going in to the big stores is awful :yikes: after a couple of minutes you get the sweat :crazy:

Sent from my iPhone using the force :-)
toplessbug
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems