Bad back

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Bad back

Postby Iceskatemum » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:09 am

Prior to dx Fm I had a bad back. Just received 4 epidurals to day at the pain clinic..feeling a bit sore but hoping they will aid my FM pain as well.

Remember just 'cause you have FM don't forget other DX & what ever else is therefore troubling you .
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Re: Bad back

Postby shazq » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:04 pm

:fingerscrossed: it works for you. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:02 am

Thanks Shazq, I've had teh epidurals before & they were a Godsend , I'm hoping that by quietening down my back pain I will be better able to cope better with the FM.

As well as the injections the pain consultant reviewed my Fm pain meds and made a few suggestions ....to come of Tramadol/co-codamol & increase Butrans patch & pregabalain. Although I never took the tramadol & cocodamol together he was worried as they were on my repeat list but interestingly I didn't know that they & the Butrans were all the one family of drugs and counteracted each other so better to stick to one of them. As Fatigue is one of my difficulties he recommended stoping teh Tramadol as it can also add to your fatigue levels it seems.

HAven't had great results before on the level of Pregabalain he is recommending but hoping as it not such an increase from my present dose it might be easier than the last time where I was just moving from zero to the dose in a few weeks .

Don't you just hate it when you are back changing meds as it a bit like Russian roulette ......you never know the outcome.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby millymoodoo » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:15 am

Hi all

ISM i hope the back injections really help you and reduce the pain a bit!!! I am having injections under xrsy in aprilas an inpatient to my lumber area to try and help with the pain as it is getting out of hand!! I am also having problems with my right kneewith pain andif i put my hand on it and move my kne you can actually feel crunching noises which i am now a bit worried about as i have not had any problems with my knee's in the past. I will be taking some advice on this but was wondering if anyone else had the same problems?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Milly :-) xxxxxxxx
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:44 am

Don't know anything about the knee but have also had the injections under real time X Ray and am glad to say they gave real relief from the back pain.

My thoughts at the moment is if I can lower or get rid of the back pain I will be able to cope better with what ever FM & life throw at me over the next wee while.
If honest even after a full year I'm still having great difficulties with the acceptance of this illness & its effect on me and the grief for the life lost.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems