Who suffers from rib and sternum pain?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Who suffers from rib and sternum pain?

Postby Jules Robin » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:48 am

Thanks for your message Sweetie Pie,
Hope you're youre not too painful and fatigued this morning. I had a good day yesterday following a restful night.(those times are sweet) I was so thankful and managed to do little bits round the house and made a "Get Well" card for a friend who's in hospital at the moment poor thing. When we achieve small things its mammoth to those who are constantly living with pain and fatigue.....I get a feeling of worth...makes life more meaningful if you get my drift.
Today my big achievement was having a shower!! Now I'm resting and catching up on emails.....need to really pace myself today.
By the way it's been a while since I've had the dreadful chest and back pains thank goodness,
perhaps I shouldn't speak so soon!! But for those folks out there who are having probs with it at the moment, take heart and hang on in there.
Now I know the difference between a heart attack and what I experience, I'm less inclined to panic, and act to reduce the awful pain and calm myself. It doesn't take away tha agony of it I know, but that's fibro...... it fakes so many other illnesses . Always best to get things checked with doc if you are worried and uncertain re symptoms.....take care .....gentle hugs.....Jules (Robin) x
UKFM Member
Jules Robin
UKFM Member

Postby sweetie pie » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:19 am

Thats great jules you are feeling much beter,agree we feel great just doing wee bits and bobs when we can,i hope your friend is alot beter,thats great you made her a card,yes the shower that can be such an ordeal for us now,i used to love my baths,but out of the question now,just cant believe how this fibro is,as before we could do anything,still trying to understand it as that much to fibro,have a lovely day XX
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Postby beth.williams3 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:29 pm

Maybe someone has already suggested this but get your Vitamin D levels tested. I get pains in the ribs and sternum too and Vitamin D Deficiency (called Rickets in children but can't remember how to spell the adult version :oops: ) causes pain and softening of your bones .I looked it up and discovered the bones most affected are the ribs and the tibias. I am photosensitive and lactose intolerant so I have little contact with Vitamin D until I was tested in November 2010. Now I take a monthly supplement and happily they hurt a lot less now. It was recently discussed on TV that most UK residents will have some level of Vitamin D Deficiency due to our lack of sunshine
beth.williams3
UKFM Newbie

Postby sweetie pie » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:57 pm

Yes got told just before I was diagnosed with fibro that I had vit d deficiency so now on d3,yes everyone in uk should be taking vit d3, the doctors should be telling everyone this XX
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems