Wake up shaking

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Wake up shaking

Postby happybean » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:27 am

Hi there

I have a couple odd sleep-related things that I'd like to see if other people experience!

I was diagnosed with fibro five years ago and four years ago I woke up early one morning thinking there was an earthquake :yikes: :yikes: Then I realised it wasn't the floor vibrating, it was me!!

Since then I've had this a lot. Usually as I'm just waking up out of dream sleep, my muscles tremble for several seconds until I'm fully awake. It's quite disconcerting at times! I've had a sleep study done which diagnosed restless legs and periodic limb movement disorder, but the sleep consultant (at Guys hospital!) had never heard of this shaking thing, which is odd because if you google it, it seems to be quite a common sensation. I was put on clonazepam, which helped calm it down a lot, but it still flares up now and then.

It first started during a really stressful time at work, and it tends to flare up when I am stressed or anxious. Usually I get it just once a week or fortnight, but during a flare, I can get it many times each night for several weeks. It's been like this for 4 years now and I've had an MRI, which was clear, so I'm left wondering if it's yet another FM thing or just stress/anxiety or even hormone-related thing (I'm 41 and appear to be approaching if not in peri-meonopause arrrrhggghhh :( )

Anyone else had this?
happybean
UKFM Member

Re: Wake up shaking

Postby shazq » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:02 pm

Hi
I have not experienced that sorry, the only time i shake is when i have a cold or flu. I have been going through the menopause for some time but shaking has not been one of my symptoms. :-?

I do have restless arms & legs, when they get bad my gp give me muscle relaxing meds which helps.

Maybe others might be able to help?
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby SylvieS » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:42 am

Hi
I have also been getting this I call it more of a tremor sometimes its not visable to others sometimes it is.
Not sure if this is the same as you are expereincing, I tend to get it when relaxing (normally when sitting with my feet up watching tv) not had it on waking though.
Sent from my GT-S5830i using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
SylvieS
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:48 pm

yes i get this ,sorry just foud the post .but mine can start anytime out of the blue.i shake what feel s like all over,its not a nice feeling is it .i put it down to fibro s my dr dont seem worried xxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby difly » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:33 am

hi yes me as well I can wake up with a shaking feeling or can get it any time of the day sometimes it feels ike a motor is working inside a kind of tremor , i think i have had it as long as the fibro and dr dont seem bothered oh the joy of fibro xx
difly
UKFM Member

Postby happybean » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:11 pm

Yes I do also get muscles shaking or tremors (anywhere) in the day. It probably happens all the time but is just more noticeable on waking up from a dream. Whereas I would just ignore it in the day (as I've had them ever since I was diagnosed with fibro), my half-awake brain always seems to go 'what on earth is that?' :lol: and it feels much stronger as I'm just lying still.
Just another weird thing, I guess....
happybean
UKFM Member

Postby sweetie pie » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:00 am

Glad i saw this as just thought it was me,agree a terrible feeling it is,i have it in bed,it feels like your hole body is going up & down,i thought it was side effects from meds but came of the med i thought i got it from,but still getting it,yes feels like a tremor up @ chest area then down to your legs,i dont like this symtom,All the symtoms with this fibro freaks me out,i just get so sick of them non stop,XX
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems