and another weird sleep thing!

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

and another weird sleep thing!

Postby happybean » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:39 am

The other weird sleep thing I have really baffles me :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

It doesn't seem to matter how well I sleep (which is usually pretty rubbish anyway) but if I can manage to get a bit of sleep after 6-6.30 am, then I feel so much better.

Even if I sleep quite soundly, with fewer awakenings than usual and no disturbance from my muscles shaking or tinnitus or pain, and I wake up before 6, then I feel as if I've had no sleep at all. If I can get past the 6.30 hurdle, then I feel much more refreshed.

The obvious thought here would be, well I just need a bit more sleep but it is the same if I fall asleep at 10pm or 3 in the morning!!??!!

Sometimes I've had insomnia or pain and not fallen asleep till the early hours, and have managed to lie in a doze a bit till after 7 (I can never sleep past 8) then I can feel 100% better on those 4-5 hours, than if I've gone to bed at 10, slept 8 hours and woken up at 6. Whatever time I go to bed, if I can sleep up to or past 7, however much I might toss and turn, it makes a difference.

I just don't understand it. I mentioned it to my rather useless sleep consultant and he said 'everyone needs different amounts of sleep'. He totally missed the point that I can feel like death on 8 hours sleep or 2 hours sleep - it's the only early morning slumber which seems to restore me in any way.

Now has anyone experienced that!?!? I'm beginning to think I'm seriously weird!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
happybean
UKFM Member

Re: and another weird sleep thing!

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:17 pm

Don't know about it being linked to a certain time or anything but I tend to wake anywhere between 4.00 - 5.30 am most days & tend to have the hit by a car feeling.

Then if i can sleep get back to sleep even for half an hour after that I tend to wake up feeling much better than I did previously.

IF I then get to sleep again after 8am when everyone else has gone to work /school I would feel really relaxed when I wake up as I think I go into a much deeper sleep when the house is really quiet.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby happybean » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:00 pm

Exactly! iceskatemum :-)

I'm so relieved it's not just me. On my days off, there has been a rare occasion when I've dozed off after my husband has gone to work and after that I've woken up feeling much better too.

Odd but nice to know I'm not alone :-)
happybean
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:12 pm

ISM think that car :f1-car: also drives through my bedroom as well about 5ish but then have to get up but do take breakfast back to bed :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems