Anterior Uveitis

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Anterior Uveitis

Postby vixster » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:07 pm

Hi guys,

I've had trouble with inflammation in my right eye for a few months now, the eye clinic has always diagnosed episcleritis which is not a big deal at all and is self limiting and also goes away after a week or so. But yesterday I had another flare up in my eye and decided to go to hospital again and this time I got diagnosed with anterior uveitis (iritis) which is a lot more serious :(

So a blood test and chest x-ray (to rule out TB) later I'm exhausted :( I have to take steroid eye drops every hour for a week until my appointment next week to go through results and make sure my eye is getting better...

Has anyone else had recurrent episodes of episceleritis or uveitis?
vixster
UKFM Member

Re: Anterior Uveitis

Postby shazq » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:22 pm

Hi
No i haven't, the only problems i have are dry eyes and blurry eyes.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:32 pm

No sorry I'm the same as Shaz but good luck with the tests I hope everything goes OK
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby vixster » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:05 pm

My steroid drops seem to working (apart from yesterday when I had a scare but everything checked out okay).

I have a follow up appointment tomorrow, so maybe they'll have some answers lol

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2
vixster
UKFM Member

Postby kazak » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:16 pm

hi,
i too only suffer with dry eyes and blurred vision.
kazak
UKFM Member

Postby wobblywoman » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:15 am

Hello. VERY interesting for me as just diagnosed with Epischleritis on Thursday after two weeks of pain which GP was not sure about! An optician did a very thorough examination and said that is was probably "just" epischleritis. I only have it in my left eye and have not been given any treatment :( at the moment as they are waiting to see if it goes on its own. It is similar to the burning pain you get if soap or shampoo gets in your eye.....only all the time 24/7. Have not had this before with my Fibro and have been knocked a bit flat as yet something else to put on the pile of symptoms. I am glad I checked in with the forums to find other people have it too - sympathies to those who have it with me XX Do sunglasses help at all as I seem extra sensitive to light?
wobblywoman
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems