Eyeball ache ..

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Eyeball ache ..

Postby diddledog » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:29 pm

Hi, Lately ive been getting it more often. Its like the whole eyeball is really aching. I went to the doctors last year with it and had to go to the opticians for pressure test but thats all ok.. So they put it down to the eye muscles. Just seems to be nearly every day now and it makes them feel very tired too. At worst times i put a cold damp cloth on them which helps. Just wondered if others get this ?
diddledog
UKFM Newbie

Re: Eyeball ache ..

Postby millymoodoo » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:02 am

Hi Diddledog

Yes i too get something very similar!!! I get aching in my eyeball that really does get me down and if i rub my eyes they really make loud creaking noises which are audible to people around me which can be so :oops: :oops: :oops: as it is rather loud, in fact it does sound like they need a damn good oiling lol!!!! Mine is practically every day now and nothing i take touches the constant dragging aches. I have regular eye checks though would you believe it i have just never mentioned it. Sometimes i feel like i go in with a list as long as your arm with things i need to mention and it just hasnt got to the top of my list yet. Because i cant take anti inflamatories due to having severe crohn's disease i am stuck with what to use as none of my other pain relief touches it and i am on a number of powerful pain killers so my reasoning is i need anti inflamatories but my gp says NO!!! If i am to be totally honest i have used ibubrufen in desperation and i know it helps the ache but i also understand why i shouldnt be taking them, maybe i should be totally upfront with my gp and see where we go from there.

Milly :-) xxx :hugs:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby hooplykim » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:18 am

hiya,
yes i get pain in my eyes a lot, i went to the optician and he explained that because the eye is a muscle, it will hurt like all our other muscles especially during a flare up, i usually need glasses for reading and he said to me that when my eyes are as sore i should wear my glasses all the time to rest them and it has helped a bit, i am not sure if you waer glasses but the optician said it is very common for FM sufferers to need more regular eye tests. it makes you wonder if any of our poor muscles will catch a break
Fibromyalgia is not who we are, Just something we have.
hooplykim
UKFM Member

Postby sweetie pie » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:46 am

Yes have that heavy aches in the eyes to daily,got an eye test last year then had to go back to get another eye test 2weeks later,he couldnt believe how much they changed in that to weeks,have 2pairs of glasses but dont always wear them due to the changes with the eyes,do you laddies get alot of flashing in a room i get that every day when i get up? hope All you laddies are fine XX
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:30 am

As well as the potential muscle problems , could it be dry eye? I had a horrible experience earlier in the year were because of dry eye I developed cornea abrasions, very sore but was then helped with a false tear drops and a very gooey ointment that was applied at night for a while.

Still get the feeling it is coming on by when I start to "feel " my eyeball rub/gritty in my socket, then use the eye drops for a few days and it comes right again.

talk with your optician next time you are in?
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby sweetie pie » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:26 am

Thinking about going to the opticians this week sometime so will say re the aches & heavy feeling in the eyes,i can remember I got eye drops last year or year before due to the eyes like this,but when I used it they made my eyes burn & go all red,but will say to opticians this time & just see what they say,gosh we have got to put up with so Much with this fibro :roll: XX
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Postby latmaz » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:13 pm

weirdly i was just thinking today i wonder if my eyes aching are to do with fibro and voila i am not the only one. i find if i am concentrating on something for 10-15mins i just have to close my eyes to rest them cos they feel so heavy and achy
latmaz
UKFM Member

Postby sweetie pie » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:02 pm

Yes only started getting these feelings in the eyes since fibro 2011,had never any problems with the eyes before that, there's so many symptoms to this fibro, unreal it is as it could easy drive anyone crazy, I feel am on the edge due to the weird feelings we all feel X
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Postby difly » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:21 pm

hi me too sufers with eye ball ache also have dry eye and blepharistis dr puts the ache down to fibro ,optition says there is some
low presure in one eye it goes to show from top to bottom fibro strikes and has no bounderies
difly
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:18 am

Milly.......I have the loud noises when I rub my eyes. I was told it is dry eyeballs, made sense because I also said they needed a good oiling with all the creaking and cracking. LOL

Sweetie pie.......I get terrible pain and pressure in my eyeballs. Especially wirh a weather change, then I get a migraine with it.

Also, I have dry eyes. It took a while to find something that did not burn. The drops I use more are a gel and work really . well for me now.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby sweetie pie » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:41 am

Yes the headache with the achy eyes, yeah its not good,
People cant see our fibro but they can see by our eyes we are in PAIN
:roll: :crazy:
xx
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems