Has anyone else had this.....

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Has anyone else had this.....

Postby moomoos » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:16 am

Hi, didnt know which section to put this, so put it in general topics, if in wrong place, please move it for me ;-)

Today I have a new thing which I think could be associated with the FM but not sure, so this is why I'm asking if anyone else has had this.

I always have tremendous pain in the underneaths of my feet, especially around the heels bit........but today on one foot when I put weight on it I get a shooting pain from one spot in my heel underneath my foot right the way up to my thigh. It feels like someone has stuck a red hot needle all the way up and I'v not been able to walk about or go out as its just so painful. I'v no idea what else it could be, so could be FM

Thanks all xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Re: Has anyone else had this.....

Postby lolabolla » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:57 am

I had this a couple of times this week but the 'stabbing pains only went up the inner part of my leg to calf level.

As I am hypermobile which has casued flat footedness too I am assuming that it is related to this but I will check with my GP on my next visit.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:48 am

Hi Moomoo

I am not sure if this is the same but a friend of mine who by the way has fm suffers with pain in the heel of her foot!! Now she has put it down to policemans foot dont know why its called that unless its because they are on the beat constantly wearing flat sensible shoes!!! My friend was advised to get a wedge to fit inside the shoe to give the heel some support, but this hasnt done anything to help the pain and to date none of the pain killers she has taken have touched it. My friend describes the pain as shooting pain right the way up her right leg and there is no way she can put her foot flat to the floor probably until late in the day but then when she goes to bed and rests it the process starts all over again when she wakes and she is walking on the balls of her foot again. I would be interested to know if these are indeed the same problem and is there any help out there to help.

Milly :-) xxxxxxx :hugs:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:26 pm

Sounds like plantar fascia
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:36 pm

Jiffled you into here moomoos as it seems a bit more suitable for what you're asking about :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Footsie pain isn't unusual with FM and quite a few seem to have problems with it, esp in their heel. This linky might be helpful http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/heel-pain/ ... ction.aspx

It could well involve a :horse_running: :horse_running: to your GP and a potential visit to a podiatrist to find out the exact reason and to get treatment for it :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby moomoos » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:46 pm

Hey....thanks FluppyFuffy for moving it to right place for me ;-) and for link with info. It sounds like it describes there :( I hoped it would have gone over night but no, its still with me today. Fed up. Been suffering terrible pain in the underneaths of my feet for so long now 24/7, especially around heel underneath, and now this :(

Hey Milly, sounds like exact same thing, and it just happens to be my right heel and leg too, right up to the top inside of my leg/thigh and it was definitely better by night time, but still bad, thats why I thought perhaps it would be gone today as it eased off a bit, but fat chance of that. I have been walking round on the ball of my foot too, but its causing pain to inside of my foot where instep is. How long has your friend had it? It sounds like this plantar fascia that Lisa and FluppyFuffy have told us about, from what it says on the link anyway, but cant know for sure? :hugs: for your friend too cos its horrible and makes walking even harder for us, as if its not bad enough already :( Makes me so fed up some days. Thank you for sharing, makes us feel not so alone with stuff xxxxxx

Thanks Lisa xx

Hey lolabolla, I hope it turns out to be something else for you, but sounds like same sort of thing :hugs: Let us know how you go on at docs next time you go, and good luck xx

I was just saying to my friend the other day that when I walk it feels like I have no shock absorbers anymore and I go down with my feet very hard and sometimes as if i have little control over them as my legs are bad with pain too. Hate having to go to docs with more ailments, I'll see how it goes?

Thanks all xxxxxx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby sweetie pie » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:42 pm

I really feel for you having to deal with these symptoms @ a young age, I am a lot older & I struggle to cope with all these dreadful feelings we get head to toe daily, I get like that also in feet then travels up to the legs, its not nice sometimes you feel you have sprained it as its that sore, then next day its gone, it really gets on my nerves, well that was a stupid thing to say as its all due to the nerves etc. etc. so much to it this dreaded fibro XX
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems