MRI scan results and referred to Pain clinic

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

MRI scan results and referred to Pain clinic

Postby Dianeb » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:48 am

Saw rheumy earlier this week and my MRI shows marked degeneration of my whole spine and confirms the loss of lordosis. There is nothing surgically that can be done so I've been referred to pain clinic and also OT to see if I can get back to work as I'm climbing the walls here.
She has said I do have chronic pain syndrome and explained about a ''switch tripping in my brain' and also chronic fatigue so I have to learn the pacing technique.

So I'm knackered officially and need to get procedures into place to help me live as normal a life as possible, Seeing the psychs later this week as I'm struggling to come to terms with this.

On a positive note, I pick up my new car this week and can't wait to have freedom again. Got a super trade in price on my manual and a small amount of finance in place which my mobility easily covers.
Type 2 Diabetes, Hypothyroidism, Spinal stenosis, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chronic Pain syndrome, Sciatica, Flat Back syndrome, L5,S1 Radiculopathy, Anxiety and Depression, Agoraphobia
Dianeb
UKFM Member

Re: MRI scan results and referred to Pain clinic

Postby masonsbarms » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:50 am

hi, i hope they help you and that you can get back to work ,

seen your other post about new car so happy for you and happy mortoring,

getting a automatic was a good move for me to.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Re: MRI scan results and referred to Pain clinic

Postby shazq » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:49 pm

:goodluck1: with the pain clinic, having an auto car is much easier than an manual car, you will love it. Hope you will be able to manage you pain. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems