Please can I just ask........

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Please can I just ask........

Postby moomoos » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:56 am

Hi, and I don't know if I've put this in the right place..... I wont be offended if its moved, thanks ;-)

This is kinda in the TMI side of things...........but I've been wanting to ask for ages now and decided now is the time....

I don't know how many of you get the hot flushes with your FM, but I get em lots all day long :( , but what I need to ask of the people who do get em, is......when you get a hot flush do you then immediately need to go to the toilet very urgently? I mean for a wee, not a number 2's :mrgreen: (sorry)

This happens to me every time. Not so bad when at home, but can be not so great when out and not near a toilet :-|

Thanks for any replies xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Re: Please can I just ask........

Postby millymoodoo » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:40 am

Hi Moomoo's

I get hot sweats day and night but am not sure if they make me need the toilet urgently but now you have asked this i am going to take note of this and i will let you know next time i am online as these sweats are daily so i wont have to wait long to see lol!!!!!!!!!!!

Milly :-D xxx :hugs:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:03 am

:penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: you into here moomoos as it seems a bit more suitable for what you're asking about :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

I have random hot sweats and quite often need to go running to the loo, but haven't ever thought there could be a connection between the two :-? :-? :-? I'll do a similar thing to Milly and see if the 2 seem to go together :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby kitten » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:34 pm

Sorry moodoo

I have hot sweats on and off all day but have not noticed if I need the loo any time
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby moomoos » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:45 pm

Hiya All,

Thanks for replies. And fankies Fluppy for moving it ;-)

Thanks Milly n Fluppy for taking notes on yer toileting habits for this hahaha, what are we like on here eh?? :lol: :lol:

We'v no peace have we?!!

Lotsa love xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:02 pm

hiya
i am just wondering if it could be because your out and don't know where the loo's are ?
i get a bit :yikes: if i don't know where the loo's are.
i have loads of :oops: flushes but its menopausal :roll:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby anita-jayne » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:29 pm

Hi all i had hot flushes I would say almost a year ago and the Drs did a hormone test for meno came back all ok. However the last month I've discovered I maybe suffering from fibro ( though having MRI next weds to rule out MS) however my hot sweats have returned only at night and wake me frequently! As if sleeping isn't difficult enough already with spasms, pain etc. .., however the spending a penny link has now got me thinking as on waking its my first port of call as well as mopping with a towel..... For the perspiration I hasten too add! Have always managed to make it so far ha ha
Hugs x
anita-jayne
UKFM Newbie

Postby moomoos » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:38 am

Hey Loubie, thanks for your reply. You have a good point there, but it happens to me at home too. I get the hot flushes all day long and at night too you see :( and each and every time I have one, and I have lots of them in the day time, I need the toilet very urgently.

I do know what you mean tho about not knowing where the toilets are when being out, I make a point of noting where they are when I go into places where I'm to spend time there.

My flushes are caused by the FM as been tested for menopause and levels are high.

Take care xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby moomoos » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:45 am

Hey Anita-Jane, thank you for replying.

I too have had these hot flushes for about 2 years now and I thought it was menopause too, but having been tested last December it turns out its not menopause at all as my hormone levels are high, so its the FM thats been causing them all this time. I suffer really lots and bad with them.

I really hope someone comes up with the answer that yes they do need to go to the toilet every time they have a flush otherwise I'm gonna get more worried that theres something wrong with me :yikes:

Hahaha, I also wake up wet through, luckily (or maybe not so lucky) with sweat, and need to go to the toilet. I'v managed so far to make it there too haha, but its not easy with two dogs in tow, and sometimes the cat accompanies us too :roll: :roll:

Take care xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby anita-jayne » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:09 am

Hi moomoos
Well it's just the cat I fall over, unless the BF is on night shift and happens to have ventured in the same time lol.
Yes in hoping there's an answer also, I hate the sweats feel really un feminine !
Though perhaps its s gd way too keep down weight and fluid retention!
Take care x
anita-jayne
UKFM Newbie

Postby moomoos » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:18 am

Hey Anita-Jayne,

lol, Why do all the animals feel the need to follow us to the bathroom, especially in the middle of the night haha, they actually drag themselves out of sleep too. Theyre so loyal :) At least I have no man to worry about falling over, teehee

I hate the sweats too, so embarrassing when out. Worse when people mention them. I go very red in the face with mine :oops: I get particularly bad ones a few times per day where I can feel my pulse just under my skin on my face, and my eyes seem to go a bit unfocussed, and my heart 'misses' beats and generally makes me feel a little not so good within myself :yikes:

I dont know if they do help with weight and fluid retention, but I hope they do, I could do with it lol xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby Davesmum » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:59 am

Oh my word! I can't believe I've just found people having the exact same problems as me! I thought I was weird! (I am, but that's another story!)
I wake up dripping with sweat, have to completely change everything, and immediately head to the loo! I have always had hot flushes but they were few and far between, only recently happening more often. Get them any time, day and night, very embarrassing, absolutely hate it.
Davesmum
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:59 am

I have not found that I get the sweats when I need to urinate, however, quite often I get a hot flash and heavy sweating if I need a bowel movement. It is also accompanied with feeling weak to the point I think I might pass out.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby InkyBob » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:57 pm

For YEARS I've had some... issues when I need to go to the toilet, particularly number 2, involving hot flushes, tingly fingers and toes, and feeling giddy and a bit faint. It's not from straining or hyperventilating - it starts as soon as the need to go starts.

I was told it was likely to be the "vasovagal response" where the vagus nerve gets stimulated and triggers the autonomic nervous system to get a bit overexcited.
My photos on Flickr (a bit of a motley assortment!) https://www.flickr.com/photos/mysight
InkyBob
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems