smoking?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

smoking?

Postby mummyzz » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:25 pm

Just an idea that came to me.

How many people here have had parents that smoked, including smoking whilst pregnant, lived in a smoky environment, and or smoked themselves.

I thought it might throw up some interesting statistics and make for some interesting reading

In my case. My parents have always smoked, even whilst pregnant.
I smoked for 10 years from age 21 to 31.
mummyzz
UKFM Newbie

Re: smoking?

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:31 am

I was also always around smokers.

My mum smoked (not sure if she did with pregnancy)
My nan and grandad who i stayed with very often were chain smokers (nan on 50 a day!) :yikes:
All visitors smoked, always smoke around.

Mum gave up when i was a teenager, grandparents cut down.

Back then smokin was a social thing and you couldnt go anywhere without people lighting and in public like buses, resturants etc.

Then soon as it was said that smokin is a severe health risk changes began but by then i was addicted to nicotine myself and so i have had a battle with it ever since :roll:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby lolabolla » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:50 am

Neither of myparents smoked.

I smoked from 14 to 41 then had hypnotherapy and have never smoked since.

I'm 53 now and just a whif of smoke makes me heave, yuk!

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:30 pm

Hi mummyz

What an interesting look at things I like these kind of posts as I like to see if we have any common factors amongst us. Here's my smoking info:

Parents smoked from a very early age quite heavily.
Not sure if my mum smoked while pregnant - I think she did but not as many as before.
My maternal granddad smoked a lot too and I stayed at their house a lot over my childhood.
All my aunties and uncles smoked so family parties were basically a room filled with smoke and vol au vonts lol.
My OH now smokes as do a lot of our friends/his family.

I don't smoke and it has never appealed to me to do so.

Like Lisa I have been around smokers a lot growing up and still am to a certain extent.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby jennthefunkyranger » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:03 pm

My dad smoked, but quit when I was 16. His parents, who looked after me when I was young, also smoked back then, and apparently I was always getting coughs and colds.
jennthefunkyranger
UKFM Member

Postby lolo73 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:27 pm

My mother smoked when I was younger and insisted on smoking in the car even though it made me sick. I know she smoked though out Pg. I would never had married someone who smokes, so little exposure to smoking in adult life. :-?
lolo73
UKFM Member

Postby monica » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:52 am

My parents never smoked and so as a child I wasn't exposed to it, but as a teenager I smoked (didn't last long, I hated it!) and was around heavy smokers which continued up until around my 30s.

Can't stand the smell of it now bleuuu!
monica
UKFM Member

Postby sweetie pie » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:54 pm

i smoke :-| but my mam and dad didnt,im not a chain smoker only around 10 wee roll ups a day,dont smoke indoors as 3 children hate it,have a grandson that suffers from croup so would always go outside,have smoked since 11 now 51,i couldnt stop as couldnt handle stopping as dealing with fibro is enough also my mam has dementia in care so to many worrys to stop,but just wished i didnt start in the first place,it didnt help all my friends at school did xox
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems