given exercises for virtigo ha bluming ha

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

given exercises for virtigo ha bluming ha

Postby masonsbarms » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:56 pm

hi, i went to see a ENT doc on thursday for my virtigo,

i have to go for some balance tests but in the meantime i have been given some exersices to do,

sit on the side of bed and lay down very quickly onto my side 5 times on each side i have tried but no chance.

just made me laugh when he saw how things were couldnt get on bed without help needed help to lay down and get up.

also he cautorised my nose to stop nose bleeds and its bleeding more now,

well at least we try see how i get on when i go back.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Re: given exercises for virtigo ha bluming ha

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:38 pm

Oh :girl_moon: :girl_moon: :girl_moon: It doesn't sound like it was the most useful appt you've had MB :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I was sent for balance tests when things started emerging symptoms~wise as it initially looked like I had Meniere's Disease, and they were awful. Typically they didn't show anything up and I was dreading it when I had to go back for repeats :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: Thankfully the audiologist I saw the second time was the same one who carried the tests out on me the first time and remembered me (never sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ) She even dug out a copy of her original report to clarify if there was anything in it that suggested a repeat of the tests was necessary. Unsurprisingly there wasn't, but what it did have in it tho was the fact that she thought it could be migraine related, which had been completely ignored by everyone at the time :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I had similar exercises like you've been given to try and improve things, all they did was leave me in a heap, either on the bed or more usually on the floor. As for meds to try and control it.....................NAH :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: Smarties were more effective, well at least they tasted nicer :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

It was only after the FM dx a few years later and finding out about the condition that I started finding out about the possible links between the vertigo, migraine, tinnitus and FM itself.

It's still with me now, and I think it's going to be another lifelong companion for the other things all fighting for dominance of me :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Sorry MB, not sure what happened there, I was wanting and hoping something more helpful for you to come out :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: At the very least, you now know you're not alone in living with it and knowing how cruddy it makes me feel, you have my full sympathies and I hope there is something that will help ease things off for you :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :grouphug: :grouphug: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby masonsbarms » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:25 pm

hi, fluppy, i did say to gp could it not just be due to fm,

but i cant comlpain about my gp as he is good and he wants to make sure its not, so i will have to go along with it,

i know what you mean about the heap that was me ans all that happend was i felt sick and increased pain in hips,

i will try the smarties as im quite partial to sweets.

thanks i know you were trying to help and i can at least say when i go back that i tried.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:51 pm

oh dear what a performance :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems