Fibromyalgia and Ankylosing Spondylitis

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibromyalgia and Ankylosing Spondylitis

Postby Fibrowarrior » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:58 pm

Hi,

I am new to this site and have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia for just over year. I was also diagnosed with A.S. About 6 years ago. Is anybody else dealing with both of this frustrating illnesses? I am not aware of anybody that I know that has both of this conditions, nor anybody that either of them. I have recently had to start working from home as I went through an employment tribunal about two years ago, which, according to my rheumotologist, is what kicked off Fibromyalgia. I have to say the most annoying part of the fibro is the constant aching. Don't get me wrong, I have days when I don't feel too bad, but they are overwhelmed by the bad days. But its when both these conditions flare up together that I really struggle. I am moody, aggressive, tired, hungry and with 0 concentration levels. I think most of this happens because of continual interrupted sleep patterns, I am lucky if I get 5 hours a night at best.

Can anybody advise any quality management control because I seem to struggle.

Regards,

Rich
Fibrowarrior
UKFM Newbie

Re: Fibromyalgia and Ankylosing Spondylitis

Postby sweetie pie » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:02 am

I agree with u the constant aching is so bad with the widespread 2 plus the weird symtoms so much 2 deal with,i hvnt heard of AS but im going 2 look up that later 2nite,agree it was prob the stress of it all that u hd,its a shame u hv 2 deal with both :-| ask ure doc re the pain management prog,im on waiting list 4 that @ the mo so wil c how that goes, i hv only hd it since nov 2011 so knew 2 it 2,best wishes Issy
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:18 pm

:welcome: to the forum Rich :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

There have been a few mentions of AS across the boards, if you use the search box in the top right corner of each page it should throw up all mentions for you to have a look thru.

The constant aching does drag you down :( :( :( For ways to deal with things, you could start by having a look thru the "Help/Tips on Coping" board which is full of things that others have found helpful to them. Also, if you could give us a more specific idea of the areas/things that you are looking for help in, then we might be able to come up with some suggestions for you :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:34 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum Rich :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Fibrowarrior » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:53 am

Thanks for the responses guys. I will have a look at the coping area on here in a minute. I have had a few treatments through the pain clinic but nothing has really helped. Most recently I started a course of acupuncture which was stopped after two weeks but is due to be restarting again. Having the needles put in was not remotely painful but when they twist them after 5 mins, I can assure you that is painful. I would assume its because my muscles are always painful, even to touch! I have has numerous injections in my spine and sacroiliac joints but they were for the a.s. and again,, didn't amount to much pain relief. Nerve block injections did bring some mild relief but is only a very short term thing. To be honest, I would like some advice on heel and foot pain and also on the mood swings/dealing with bad days. I will definitely look at the coping topics on here. Woke up this morning and as usual, heels are burning and my body feels like I have done a few rounds with Tyson. Annoys me!
Fibrowarrior
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems