Agony, no make that beyond agony

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Morgana » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:35 pm

Morning all... I am currently flat on my back in bed with a hot water bottle; my lower back is in agony. years ago I got kicked by a horse but that was a cakewalk compared to this. I couldn't sleep last night as it hurt to turn over, it hurts to stand up, it hurts to sit, it hurts to go to the loo. My mum has just marinaded me in Voltarol and I am waiting, pardon the pun, to see if it kicks in. Supposed to be going to my brother's 40th bash this afternoon... don't even know if I can stand long enough for a shower... sometimes I really miss baths. I would excuse myself except we are only just getting back on some sort of track after a huge family bust up last April... ouchies :(
Morgana
UKFM Member

Location: A filing cabinet in Hell... or at least that's what it feels like!

Re: Agony, no make that beyond agony

Postby monica » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:54 pm

Sorry to hear you are in so much pain. I can sympathise as mine has been playing me up something cronic lately!

Hope you can get to your brothers party O.K.
monica
UKFM Member

Postby moomoos » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:32 pm

Hope the Voltarol works, and that you get to yer bro's party, and that yer feel better soon xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:17 pm

Good luck hope it works and you get to the party
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:44 pm

Hope you made it to the party. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Morgana » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:03 pm

Hi all and thanks for the good wishes

Made it to the party... Lasted two and a half hours... now flat out on the sofa... neck down is protesting very loudly... shouldn't have picked my niece up as she crawled towards a very tasty burst pink balloon!

;)
Morgana
UKFM Member

Postby moomoos » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:18 pm

Glad yer got to party tho :) Well done you xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby Pepperty » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:41 pm

you showed your face, so to speak :-D well done!! (and duty done ;-) ) now savour dying on sofa/bed in the comfort of home **hugs**
Pepperty
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:46 pm

Good for you for going to the party .....you did your bit and rescued neice what more could they ask for .
Hope you feel better soon , have you anything to take along with volterol gel that way you get some pain relief internally & from the topical creme.

Hope feel better soon , appreciate that bad backs can be a nightmare.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:02 pm

Hi morgana

I hope you are feeling better today. I know how it feels when you have an event you need to be well enough for and how bad you feel when you have to say no. But at least you managed to go for a bit so well done for that!

It's my OH's brothers birthday in 2 weeks and he has planned a big night on the town. Everyone is going including my sister and her hubby and my OH. I am absolutely dreading it as I haven't done the whole clubbing thing since I was 21 (now 29) and definitely not done that kind of thing since having FM. I am in two minds whether to go our not, I've said I'll have to wait till the actual day to see how I am, I just know how bad I will feel if I don't go but also know how bad I will feel if I do go lol.

FM is such a joy.

Best wishes morgana hope you are resting!
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby Morgana » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:42 pm

Hi LouLou and thanks for the message... I hope that you manage to go out, but perhaps you could see them for a drink beforehand if you're not up to swinging from the light fittings ;)

I'm currently lying on the sofa with the hot water bottle... had to go to work to do month end payroll, but I would rather have stayed in bed.

Mo x
Morgana
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:15 pm

Glad you managed to get to the bunfight Mo, pity you've now got to pay the price for it, it's just not fair :girl_moon: :girl_moon: :girl_moon: Hope that hotty botty has got a nice fluffy cover on it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

LouLou, if I have a "big night" due like you have with BIL's burpday, I just say that I'll be there but only for as long as I can manage. If anyone says anything then get OH to :girl_moon: :girl_moon: :girl_moon: :girl_moon: at them on your behalf :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby monica » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:56 pm

Well done on getting to the party, sorry you are now paying the price!
monica
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:22 pm

You're welcome Morgana.

Luckily this big night out is in Birmingham where my parents live so we are staying at their house overnight, so my Dad has said he will come and pick me up if I need to leave the bar/club earlier than everyone else so I'm not getting a taxi on my own - bless him.

Morgana - so wish I could be at home on my sofa right now but like you I've got year end finance things to do and when I'm not at work no one covers for me. Just 2.5 days to go then a long weekend for Easter.

Fluppy my OH has told his brother that I will go only if I am ok and I may not be out as long as everyone else. He has already said he will be keeping a close eye on me as he knows I hate to let people down and tend to push things when I shouldn't. So hopefully I will be able to at least go out for a bit like Morgana did as I haven't had a night out for a long time - need to dust off me party frock lol.

Take care Morgana and I hope your pain eases up soon
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby Morgana » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:41 pm

Depressing post ahead...

I now can't look right... my neck woke me up in the night, heaven knows what I have done... Voltarol and Paracetamol haven't touched it... pain radiating all the way down my right arm... think I am falling apart... someone please take me out into a field and shoot me!
Morgana
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems