menopause and fibromyalgia

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby jennyb » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:24 pm

I was diagnosed 5 years ago with fibromyalgia, got it under control with meds, exercise and watching the signs and resting sleeping etc.

18 months ago got a blood clot after surgery on my knees, was taken off hrt, but I have got terrible hot flushes, went back to doctors today, and he says their nothing he can give me to stop them etc hrt.

Is there anyone else that have got this and they have a miracle cure, tried all the usuall, over the counter meds, vitamins but nothing has worked as yet.

Getting desperate as going on a cruise in four weeks, and they always have it pretty warm in dining areas
jennyb
UKFM Member

Re: menopause and fibromyalgia

Postby shazq » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:42 pm

HI Jenny

The hrt has stopped my sweats so i am lucky there.

Try not to stress to much as that will make you worse, you could carry some damp cotton hankies with you so you can keep wiping yourself down and buy a small hand held fan (hopefully they should have air con. :fingerscrossed:) take some spare batteries for it.

Hope you have a lovely time. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Wendy_b » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:49 pm

Hi Jenny
I had a hysterectomy at 33 years old. The hospital did not want to put me on hrt due to the length of time I would be on it. Instead they gave me medication called dixarit (clonidine). It worked for about 10 years for me but recently they have put me on hrt too. Ask your doctor for these. Hope you get them and they work for you too. Much love Wendy
Wendy_b
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:55 pm

jennyb wrote:I was diagnosed 5 years ago with fibromyalgia, got it under control with meds, exercise and watching the signs and resting sleeping etc.

18 months ago got a blood clot after surgery on my knees, was taken off hrt, but I have got terrible hot flushes, went back to doctors today, and he says their nothing he can give me to stop them etc hrt.

Is there anyone else that have got this and they have a miracle cure, tried all the usuall, over the counter meds, vitamins but nothing has worked as yet.

Getting desperate as going on a cruise in four weeks, and they always have it pretty warm in dining areas

Jenny i have noticed you have put another post up exactly the same in "living with fibro" so i will leave this one up as it has replies and delete the other one.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby sweetie pie » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:38 pm

Yes having the menopause fibro together is a nightmare,wendy b just wanted to ask you re your hysterectomy as i had one years ago,do you have a horrible feeling around where your scar is at the belly botton, as i do alot i dont know if its due to that or the ibs but have a scar on the left leg so that feeling is there to and sometimes it swells around where ever a scar is to,just wanted to know if you had that prob or anyone else thanks :-)
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Postby Wendy_b » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:43 pm

Hi sweetie pie
No I've never had that on my scar. It was tender for a while after but that's all. I would suggest that if your worried about it to see your doctor. Sending love
Wendy_b
UKFM Newbie

Postby sweetie pie » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:13 pm

Thanks Wendy,yes i will say to my doctor,think its soft tissue around these areas,
I always thought it could have been that but you Havant got that so it must be caused by something else

xx
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Postby sweetie pie » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:18 pm

Thanks Wendy,yes i will say to my doctor,think its soft tissue around these areas,
I always thought it could have been that but you Havant got that so it must be caused by something else

xx
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:24 pm

Jenny.....did you ever find a solution to your problem? If so, could you share please. I would like to go off the HRT but it did cure the dreadful sweating.

Sweetie pie.......what exactly is the feeling around your scar? I have had many operations with various types of scars. Some with infections and bad healing. You have me curious as to what these feelings are and if I can relate to them at all for you
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby sweetie pie » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:32 pm

Whoami, its just the fact i have swollen tissue @ my scars,as never had that before fibro,

i am sure i said to doctor before,but just thought it was one of the symptoms :-? xx
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:32 am

Sweetie pie.....I don't think that your scar issues have anything to do with fibro. I have always had issues with swelling of scars even before fibro. Mine swell and get very itchy when over exposed to heat. Check with your Dr though
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems