Swollen and painful feet

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Swollen and painful feet

Postby penfriend » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:11 am

I am wondering if any of you get painful, swollen feet, with itching. This has only happened to me recently, and my knees swell up too, and legs are painful. In view of the fact that recently a NHS Physio told me that my swollen and painful hands was due to the fibromyalgia, whereas my doctor has diagnosed carpel, and I am now thinking is all this due to fibromyalgia too, or is it something else? It does seem that so many different symptoms are still due to the Fibro. Would be glad to hear. sincerely, Penfriend
penfriend
UKFM Member

Re: Swollen and painful feet

Postby fibro-lu » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:17 pm

would suggest you get it looked at again
maybe another GP at your surgery?
when had you done your bloods the last time?
if long ago they might show now something ie inflamation

good luck with that
Lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby penfriend » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:19 pm

Thank you Lu for your suggestions. Unfortunately, my own doctor died a year ago and we are just having temporary doctors come in. I could not keep my last appointment for blood checks, as I just could not get out of bed. I am terrible in the mornings and only the Nurse does the blood checks which are early in the mornings. I had a note to see her again, before any further prescription, so somehow will need to work it out. sincerely, Pen friend
penfriend
UKFM Member

Postby sweetie pie » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:51 pm

sorry to hear about your doctor,i said to my doctor re the swollen feet ,hands ,arms,legs and somtimes the face or ears,he said but you dont have any swellings with fibro,what a thing to say as you do,had loads of that the first year of fibro but very rare now so thats good,i hope all of yours clears up to as we have enough of the rest of symtoms to put up with xox
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Postby penfriend » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:05 pm

Thanks sweetie pie - I've had M.E and Fibro for years and years, but not had feet and legs and hands swell like now. Just had swollen ankles in warm weather before. I suppose will need to check out the swollen painful and itchy feet with a doctor soon. I am elderly so might be my heart. BP is nearly always high, though on a drug. I do not think the average doctor knows enough about Fibro, nor M.E. sincerely, Penfriend
penfriend
UKFM Member

Postby sweetie pie » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:51 pm

Penfriend yes agree with you the doctors dont know alot re fibro,that is a shame for us all tho,as we are just left to get on with it,they have no idea what all the feelings are like for us all,as when you see someone with the flu they are so down and drained but there lucky they have 2weeks of it not like us a life time,i hope your bp is down when your back at doctor next xox
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Postby clsmbenn » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:57 pm

i get swollen hands and feet which are very painful.

my right hand is worse where its swells up and becomes very painful and stiff and with being right handed, i can have problems cutting my food, writing and feeding my self cos i am no good with my left hand at all.

i go to the rvi at newcastle next as my rheumy thinks it might be carpal tunnel, so will have to see. he said if the results come back fine, then its all part and parcel of the fibro.

he also said that my swollen feet and rash on my feet were also part and parcel of the fibro, so it looks like fibro is the cause of most of my problems, but with this all being new and only recently been diagnosed with it, i am still trying to get used to it and know what i can and cant do. (push myself etc).

really hope u find out for sure whats going on.

take care and gentle hugs. x
clsmbenn
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems